xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Why Run Windows On Your Xbox?  (Read 469 times)

debikkel

• Archived User
Why Run Windows On Your Xbox?
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2005, 10:13:00 AM »

Ok, so the main reason is a definite "W?BIC!", and I agree to that.
However, if I may offer you all one good reason as to why I would love to see a decent version of Windows (preferably not CE since it doesn't run normal win32 apps) to work on my Xbox? Well, I used to work with PC's since there was a 8086 and played games from the start, until a point where my wrists hurt like mad. This made me very sad, because I can use a PC to some extent in typing and all, but gaming has been out of the question for several years now. Tried it once or twice, but my wrists won't allow gameplay to last for 15 minutes.

So my XBOX is a great game device that works for me. But being an old school gamer there are lots of oldies games that I didn't get to play, like like X-Wing Alliance, on my Xbox in an emulator of some sort.

But ok, mainly it's W?BIC! for me smile.gif

Cheers

kingroach

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2005, 11:07:00 PM »

Unless some hackers can get xp/2K kernel source.. this aint gonna happen.. so stop reaming people.. you can run run linux on anything.. cz its kernel is open source..

debikkel

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2005, 04:02:00 AM »

Ah and I forgot to mention that I also think it's rediculous to think xp is ever going to run on the xbox. CE ok, linux ok, xp ain't gonna happen. Not in any useful gameplaying kindof way that is.

netdroid9

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2005, 11:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(debikkel @ Mar 10 2005, 07:32 PM)
Ah and I forgot to mention that I also think it's rediculous to think xp is ever going to run on the xbox. CE ok, linux ok, xp ain't gonna happen. Not in any useful gameplaying kindof way that is.

HAHAHAHAHA! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That REALLY cracks me up. I had a pentium II 233mhz with a TNT2 gfx car and 128mb ram and it ran XP (Without themes and uneeded networking stuff: No network card smile.gif) better than a default win2k install. BTW: That install was on a mates 900mhz PC. Oh, and I played Quake III on it.

I want to be able to install MCE or even just Pro on my Xbox because I could then use my $250 AU xbox and $50 OEM MCE 2k5 as a $1500-2000 US Media Center PC with an OEM MCE 2k5 installed.

Talk about saving biggrin.gif.

chimpanzee

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2005, 05:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(netdroid9 @ May 3 2005, 04:37 AM)
HAHAHAHAHA! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That REALLY cracks me up. I had a pentium II 233mhz with a TNT2 gfx car and 128mb ram and it ran XP (Without themes and uneeded networking stuff: No network card smile.gif) better than a default win2k install. BTW: That install was on a mates 900mhz PC. Oh, and I played Quake III on it.

I want to be able to install MCE or even just Pro on my Xbox because I could then use my $250 AU xbox and $50 OEM MCE 2k5 as a $1500-2000 US Media Center PC with an OEM MCE 2k5 installed.

Talk about saving biggrin.gif.

where can I have a 128M Xbox without getting robbed ?

netdroid9

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2005, 10:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(chimpanzee @ May 14 2005, 08:00 PM)
where can I have a 128M Xbox without getting robbed ?

That's one of lifes many mysteries...
Pages: 1 2 [3]