xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Why Run Windows On Your Xbox?  (Read 470 times)

chimpanzee

• Archived User
Why Run Windows On Your Xbox?
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2004, 10:08:00 AM »

QUOTE(mrchester @ Dec 23 2004, 03:55 PM)
Basically can't be done, unless you want to spend the rest of your life writing a driver and program to control it.

I don't have an idea about GPS(no such need yet) but there seems to be linux program/drivers available. http://gpsdrive.kraftvoll.at

Of course, as always these devices usually have better Windows support but since Windows cannot run on Xbox natively, if it ever will(well I believe it can through linux/QEMU), this may be a solution.

hqtz

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2004, 04:45:00 PM »

I ran windows 2000 through my xbox, I myself enjoy seeing what i can do with my hardware just to know.

people who dont,. good for them, they like things plain and simple.

mrchester

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2004, 05:05:00 PM »

well if somebody has time to write a linux program for the gps then go ahead... but i doubt there's much of a demand for xbox gps...(pstwo's are better suited to put in cars than xbox's)

mrchester

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2004, 05:07:00 PM »

and no you didnt run windows 2000 on the xbox. stop lying. liars go to  muhaha.gif

dbdlowrider

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2004, 05:13:00 PM »

lol no 1 cares window on xobx= GAY nopoint in at all

takezo-dono

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2005, 01:03:00 AM »

I did it because both I can, and because I was bord.  Then you can impress your friends who have trouble grasping the idea that you can run super nintendo games on your xbox.   Of cousre if you wanted mobile PC gaming your better of with a laptop tongue.gif

takezo-dono

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2005, 01:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(dbdlowrider @ Dec 27 2004, 01:08 AM)
lol no 1 cares window on xobx= GAY nopoint in at all

Well It can't be helped if one is too inferior to do it "hint hint".  But for those who can, Of course there is no point into it.  Thats why we do it.   Duh!

mrchester

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2005, 09:37:00 AM »

u dont need windows to run an emulator...

LESTAT

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2005, 09:16:00 PM »

yeah and linux is for fags and pussies who think they are too good for windows.
people who spent their entire pre-pubesent years sitting in their momma's basements playing Dungeon and Dragons. and thinking that the Force is a real thing.

why put windows on the xbox why put linux on the xbox. ?   linux runs like total crap  yet people do it. they seem to think there is a purpose for it,, yet there is no purpose, its bragging rights.  why run linux on your ps2  why ? hell if i know cuz that runs even worse than linux on the xbox.
linux is 100% worthless on the xbox  hell its 100% worthless for a pc but people still do it.

Windows on the xbox,, hmm lets see.. the xbox is a pc...   windows is designed ofr a pc...  1+1=2  xbox + windows =  what ever you want it to be.

but for the love of all that is X  please stop with the stupid fucking  "why put windows on the xbox"  thread jesus age christ,,, how many fucking times does this need discussed,,,

and for the last friggin time  NO YOU DID NOT RUN WINDOWS 2000 ON YOUR XBOX.! you little lieing TURD!!!
go someplace else and spew your pathetic lies turd boy.

if you seem to think that somewhere in your fantastic basement in your mom;s house while your playing dungeon and dragons that some magical spell gave you some mystical ability to make windows 2000 run on your xbox then please share with us your secret turd boy..

I think most people, and ill gladly stop saying it if people disagree, would simply be happy witha web browser that has mouse and Keyboard support.

that would be the final once and for all Media center PC/Xbox that it really is.

there is no need for an OS,, although id gladly use it to whatever extent it allowed us to.

jesus close this pathetic "been discussed and battled over 1000 times already" thread.

dr.dankenstein

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2005, 07:58:00 PM »

if all you want is a web browser with keyboard support(never tried a mouse) get linkboks.

stingray2772

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2005, 10:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(LESTAT @ Jan 4 2005, 03:46 AM)
people who spent their entire pre-pubesent years sitting in their momma's basements playing Dungeon and Dragons. and thinking that the Force is a real thing.

well lets see...

linux is free, not sure about you, but i hate to pay money for legal software

linux is more stable

linux servers are up a lot longer than windows machines

linux is a lot more powerful than windows

linux comes built in with developing tools, c, c++ bla bla bla compilars,

do a little check up on how many linux servers are up today, and linux has been around a lot longer than windows

so next time think before you post, the internet is full of enough retards

Fink

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2005, 07:08:00 AM »

How fast is the Xbox anyways?
750Mhz?
800Mhz?
I can't remember exactly how much it was. And any idea how much RAM it has?

Fink

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2005, 07:43:00 AM »

why put windows on the xbox why put linux on the xbox. ?   linux runs like total crap  yet people do it. they seem to think there is a purpose for it,, yet there is no purpose, its bragging rights.  why run linux on your ps2  why ? hell if i know cuz that runs even worse than linux on the xbox.
linux is 100% worthless on the xbox  hell its 100% worthless for a pc but people still do it.

Windows on the xbox,, hmm lets see.. the xbox is a pc...   windows is designed ofr a pc...  1+1=2  xbox + windows =  what ever you want it to be.

but for the love of all that is X  please stop with the stupid fucking  "why put windows on the xbox"  thread jesus age christ,,, how many fucking times does this need discussed,,,
and for the last friggin time  NO YOU DID NOT RUN WINDOWS 2000 ON YOUR XBOX.! you little lieing TURD!!!
go someplace else and spew your pathetic lies turd boy.

if you seem to think that somewhere in your fantastic basement in your mom;s house while your playing dungeon and dragons that some magical spell gave you some mystical ability to make windows 2000 run on your xbox then please share with us your secret turd boy..
I think most people, and ill gladly stop saying it if people disagree, would simply be happy witha web browser that has mouse and Keyboard support.

that would be the final once and for all Media center PC/Xbox that it really is.

there is no need for an OS,, although id gladly use it to whatever extent it allowed us to.
jesus close this pathetic "been discussed and battled over 1000 times already" thread.

What I can't seem to grasp is why you are getting so upset. These are people that are just looking for help and to just talk about what they have done. If you don't want to read it don't click the link to come into this thread. It's people like you that ruin forums for some people. Someone tries to get help, they ask a n00b question, you kind of people bite their head off. What is so hard about helping people out?

I have noticed that allot in these forums. Some of these "modders" think they are all hard because they have done something sweet to their xbox or they have allot of posts; in NO WAY does that constitute you being an ass. I have also noticed that these people that are flaming other people for no reason are usually either pretty young and don't know any better, or (this is the sad part) are older people that never have grown up, have never matured and never will. They are insignificant little specks that know they are nothing, so what do they do? They come on here and harass people that are looking for help since nobody can ever find out who they are, and find out just how pathetic they really are. That's all you are, an insignificant speck, a stupid bitch that doesn't know any better.

BTW, all of the Linux users I know, including myself, are in fact heterosexual. Yes, some are pussies, but that isn't because of Linux. None of those people think that they are too good for Windows. I love Windows, I still use it most of the time since I am not a Pro at Linux yet. It's just as stingray said, it's free and more stable. Most of all it gives you more power over your machine then Windows ever did. It's nothing against Windows, there are just different pros and cons to Linux.

One last question, what do you say to Apple users? Are they too good for Windows as well? Because getting mad at people who use Linux is the same at getting mad at someone that uses Apple computers.

stingray2772

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2005, 08:16:00 AM »

apples, psh, who uses those anyways, lol, eh to each their own, each system has advantages, windows has a lot of software already out there, linux is free stable and powerful, and apple.... little kids can use easily.... invented the ipod (is that a good thing or bad thing)... and... have weird looking computers

doubled_Dogg

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2005, 06:34:00 PM »

jesus age christ,,,

What the hell is jesus age christ? Did you hear daddy say it once and thought it sounded cool?

It's Jesus H. Christ! Learn to cuss ya doofus.
Pages: 1 [2] 3