xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xboxhdm Not Booting At All.  (Read 121 times)

1hotjob

• Archived User
Xboxhdm Not Booting At All.
« on: June 30, 2008, 10:00:00 PM »

Try doing it again with nothing in the E drive except the Dashboard folder. That will make the file small enough for a CD.

The Xbox will make the proper folders on the E drive. You can then FTP the rest of the E to the E drive or you can copy it off the DVD you made.

That may solve the problem of Xboxhdm building a bootable disk. You are throwing a lot of unnecessary files at it.

FourTwentySmiles

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 10:32:00 PM »

I'm having a similar problem.... I used to use a Dell Dim.2350 desktop to run XboxHDM. Worked just fine everytime on that PC. Softmodded lots of xboxs.
I gave that old Dell to my wife's grandparents and now when I try using my PC ( an old Compaq Pres.SR1103) to run XboxHDM the PC reboots itself.

I want to make a new HDD for a Xbox I previously softmodded for this guy I know. I have the Eeprom for it. I set up xboxhdm with the original microsoft dash files in C and nothing in E the Eeprom in Eeprom folder.....ran the make-iso-win.bat. Burnt the Linux.iso (which is only 189,600 kb) to a cd-r.
Everything is hooked up right.....the PC detects the HDD ( on Prim. Mas. IDE) and the CD/DVD drive( on Slave IDE)......XboxHDM loads up to this screen.....IPB Image

I choose the boot VGA console (option 1)......screen goes black, you hear the PC reboot and it loads the XboxHDM disc right back to this... IPB Image

Any Ideas?

obcd

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 04:49:00 AM »

Xboxhdm is a "boot from cd" linux distro. Pc hardware differences might cause it to refuse to run. You could try it in a virtual pc environment like virtual pc. This will at least prove that your bootable disk is working and that the problem is somewhere in your pc hardware. You can download virtual pc free from the microsoft website.

Regards.

ldotsfan

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 07:53:00 AM »

Check the links in my sig:
1. xboxhdm2 - usb version of xboxhdm. better hardware support.
2. running it in a virtualized environment - qemu. in the link for hotswapping with usb/ide.

Moonfrost

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 07:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(obcd @ Jul 1 2008, 06:25 AM) View Post

Xboxhdm is a "boot from cd" linux distro. Pc hardware differences might cause it to refuse to run. You could try it in a virtual pc environment like virtual pc. This will at least prove that your bootable disk is working and that the problem is somewhere in your pc hardware. You can download virtual pc free from the microsoft website.

Regards.

Tried it on a CD putting all of C and only the Dashboard folder from E...IT WORKS!!! so Thursday or Friday I will be configuring the hard drive and after I'm done with everything I will have to FTP most things to the Xbox.