xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ftp Taking Forever  (Read 127 times)

Johnny Kilo

• Archived User
Ftp Taking Forever
« on: April 28, 2008, 10:39:00 PM »

OK heres the situation, Im using FlashFXp to ftp XBMC to my Xbox. The XBMC version I have is one the "pimped" versions that I downloaded via torrent which contains over 3000 files. Long story short its not a transfer speed issue. It seems like flashfxp takes about a 5 second break in between each file transfer. This seems excessive to me. It seems to get caught up on making a file list in between each transfer. Maybe to update the queue to resume transfers? Anyway, even though it the folder contains 3000 files its only 200 mb. Its now taken me over 3 hours to transfer about half of the files. If anything I would guess there is a setting in flashfxp that should changed. Any ideas are greatly appreciated, thanks in advance guys.

ldotsfan

• Archived User
Ftp Taking Forever
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 08:53:00 AM »

Burn to a DVD-R.

slavik19

• Archived User
Ftp Taking Forever
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 09:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(Johnny Kilo @ Apr 29 2008, 12:39 AM) View Post

OK heres the situation, Im using FlashFXp to ftp XBMC to my Xbox. The XBMC version I have is one the "pimped" versions that I downloaded via torrent which contains over 3000 files. Long story short its not a transfer speed issue. It seems like flashfxp takes about a 5 second break in between each file transfer. This seems excessive to me. It seems to get caught up on making a file list in between each transfer. Maybe to update the queue to resume transfers? Anyway, even though it the folder contains 3000 files its only 200 mb. Its now taken me over 3 hours to transfer about half of the files. If anything I would guess there is a setting in flashfxp that should changed. Any ideas are greatly appreciated, thanks in advance guys.

ahh i had the same problem you should use c -XBox tool 2
setup the ftp in it and just add the folder and transfer it. took me about 5 min.

the link
http://rapidshare.co...Tool_2.rar.html
have fun i use this program or all my ISO extractions and copying have fun!

dcninja757

• Archived User
Ftp Taking Forever
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 09:24:00 PM »

i use evox and have super slow transfer speeds with flashfxp i will try this. I convert some games to iso and use quix but sometimes they just freeze up while transfering for me... so i have to use ftp for some games.

thesonandheir

• Archived User
Ftp Taking Forever
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 03:40:00 PM »

options>preferences>connection>proxy

untick use passive mode