xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Problems With Xboxhdm V1.9  (Read 119 times)

brando56894

• Archived User
Problems With Xboxhdm V1.9
« on: March 24, 2008, 12:06:00 AM »

hi im having a few problems with unlocking my stock xbox hdd. the drive itself doesnt want to work in the xbox anymore (it keeps on giving me error 7) luckily i transferred all the backup files to my pc when i modded it with ndure. i have the drive connected on the master channel and its detected but

1) my eeprom file isnt detected even though its in the eeprom folder (along with bios.bin, disk.bin, hddinfo.txt, and hddkey.bin dont know if that matters) linux says it cant find my cd rom drive, im fairly adept with linux and im assuming the reason that it cant find the drive is because my dvd drive is a sata drive not and ide drive. i tried mounting /dev/sda and sdb but it said that they didnt exist.

2) i cant use the dos version since i dont have a floppy drive, as soon as i type unlockhd is says "password file not found!" and brings me back to the a:\> prompt

3) i tried to unlock it from atapwd but it kept saying error: drive busy and had an "ok" button

4) i managed to unlock the drive once in linux using the p switch but didnt know how to disable the lock, so it locked itself again when i rebooted

5) linux says the drive is frozen, how do i unfreeze (thaw?) the drive?

also could someone please tell me how to boot xboxhdm from my thumbdrive? i know its possible but i forget how to do it. thanks.

brando56894

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 12:49:00 AM »

i managed to thaw the hdd and apparently security is disabled, but my c partition is corrupt. linux always said it couldnt read the partition table but i just brushed it off. when i got into windows i figured id try to read the hdd with explorer360 and when i told it to look for a hdd it says "failed to read cluster chain map" and if i click ok it lists partitions 0 to 3, 1 to 3 are accessible but 0 isnt.

is there anyway for me to salvage anything that was on the drive like my gamesaves, saves from all my emulated games, xbmc customizations, etc... ?

brando56894

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 05:28:00 PM »

this is how i remedied the problem:

IPB Image

i couldnt fix it and stuff was pissing me off so i took a hammer to it, it was on its way out anyway. good luck with yours.