xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbins Issue  (Read 71 times)

ssl

• Archived User
Xbins Issue
« on: March 01, 2008, 04:20:00 PM »

well, i guess ill start by stating that im a linux user. i don't run linux on my xbox however, but im still a linux user although not the most avid one at that yet. im sure im not the only linux user here, which is why im posting.

but my issue is with xbins to say the least. i'm using xchat as an irc client, i can join the xbins channel fine, get my user name and password. once thats done, i get into filezilla, and i can connect to the ftp server, but can't download. it kicks me off, and then if i try to !list again on the irc channel, i get banned.

so far, my best workaround, is to boot up a virtual box running windows, use an xbins automater, zip the files, and send it to myself on msn to the same machine, so what takes 10 seconds to download, then takes 40 minutes to send it somewhere where i can use it

any suggestions?

neil222

• Archived User
Xbins Issue
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 03:12:00 AM »

Did you try using the "Auto Xbins 2008" program, to see if you get any difference?

ssl

• Archived User
Xbins Issue
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 10:27:00 AM »

im running linux. thats a windows program. no worries though, i got it running under wine, its good enough.