xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Renamer - A Program I Wrote  (Read 65 times)

bryanwithay1986

• Archived User
Renamer - A Program I Wrote
« on: February 23, 2008, 01:45:00 AM »

If someone has already made and shared a program like this, please let me know (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I've recently had to rename large lists of media files so that I could ftp them to my xbox.  I'm sure other people here have run into trouble with.....roms, for example.  I made this program to quickly rename files that don't work with the xbox file system.  I just wrote it.......

Here is part of the readme:
"The purpose of this tool is to look at the names of the files in any folder on your computer, and rename them if they have non standard charactars, or if the file names are over 42 charactars.  If the file names have non standard charactars, this program removes them.  If the file names are over 42 charactars, it shortens them (removing charactars before the filename extension).

This program removes every charactar that is not a letter, number, or period.  Each filename should only have one period to begin with."

I've uploaded the program here:

http://www.geocities.com/bryanwithay1986/renamer.zip

Geocities has limited bandwidth for free accounts, so if the link doesn't work........that's probably why.  I doubt it will get that many download, but.....who knows (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Any suggestions, let me know (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

bryanwithay1986

• Archived User
Renamer - A Program I Wrote
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 06:13:00 AM »

Ok.....I added some features tonight, let me know what you think smile.gif  I made it so that you can search for different phrases to have removed.....and you can do that and that only, if you want to.  Just change the options smile.gif

http://www.geocities...86/renamer2.zip

If you use it, let me know how it compares.  I honestly haven't used any of the other ones, I'm just writing the code for the experience.  I think it's pretty usefull as it is now, though smile.gif

Version 1 is really simple........version 2 is a lot more useful.... smile.gif