xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Can't Make Xbox Hd With Xboxhdm V1.9  (Read 93 times)

LufianGuy

• Archived User
Can't Make Xbox Hd With Xboxhdm V1.9
« on: January 26, 2008, 02:49:00 PM »

I softmodded my Xbox and really want to play Xbox games on it, so I need a bigger HD. I attempted to make one and it ended in failure:
http://forums.afterd.../611071#3747098

Then it loaded the Xbox maker program from the CD. I hit 1, it says loading fatx....... (something like that), then the screen goes blank and stays that way after it says Ready.

I assume this is happening because my CDRW burner is aging (skips sometimes) and the CDR media I used could only be burned at 8x as its lowest speed.

Any guidance in helping me make an Xbox HD is greatly appreciated.

I'm also willing to pay to get this done for me if any nearby modders in MD can do this.

Thanks!

LufianGuy

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 03:15:00 PM »

I gave my friend who got a new burner 2 CDRW's that can be wrote at 1x, 4x, and 8x.

So he is going to try to write 2 different ISOs (difference with eeprom file name) at 1x and get back to me.

LufianGuy

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 07:50:00 PM »

Put in my sis' very old desktop. Seems to work fine, not sure if her comp can handle a whole 320GB HDD though.

LufianGuy

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 08:33:00 PM »

This might solve my problem of it not working on my comp:
http://forums.xbox-s...o...337172&st=0

LufianGuy

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 09:45:00 PM »

Success!
With the link above, I was able to modify the xboxhdm into a failsafe version that works on my computer (although it messed up my internet, had to reboot twice for it to recognize my DSL). So now I can make the Xbox HDD in my computer and my sister's old computer.

THAT LINK NEEDS TO BE PINNED AND STICKIED FOR OTHERS LIKE MYSELF WHO COULDN'T GET XBOXHDM TO WORK WITHOUT IT!