xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help On: Xboxhdm "make-iso-win" Won't Make Iso  (Read 50 times)

whosyadaddy

• Archived User
Help On: Xboxhdm "make-iso-win" Won't Make Iso
« on: December 09, 2007, 05:28:00 AM »

Let me start by saying that I have successfully modded 7 xboxs and upgraded 3 of them with a bigger hard drive. However just recently xboxhdm 1.9 is starting to give me trouble. I have all the required information in the linux folder (C,E, EEPROM, etc) but whenever I click on the make-iso-win file it simple brings up the normal prompt but does absolutely nothing. I eventually zipped out another xboxhdm folder to troubleshoot and I found something unusual. In the new folder (with EMPTY C,E, and EEprom) I could create the iso with ease. So I put the C drive alone in the new folder and it still made the iso with ease. After that I put the EEPROM in and made the iso once again with ease. So the problem seems to be with the E directory. Whenever I add the E directory it simply will not let me make an iso. I tried to break down which folder (in the E directory), if any, was causing the problem but my research ended soon because as soon as I put the Dashboard folder into the folder the problem arose once again. It just would not let me make it.... however it did show a message at a blazing speed and exited out immediately. So I took out the Dashboard  folder and added all the rest (TDATA, UDATA, etc) and waited this time for about 60 seconds. Amazing it started to make the iso and at the top I could see my problems. Apparently it was due to some cfg files in my TDATA/0fffdaed folder (which I believe is where Surreal 64 hold all the info or w/e for the n64 roms) and some screen shots. My best guess as to why it pinpointed these files is maybe a glitch in the ftp process but I don't really know for sure. So I removed the specific folders and added the dashboard folder once again.... waited.... and finally it showed more files that were causing problems, all of which were in the scripts folder (within the dashboard folder). So I removed the Scripts folder and it's back to normal. I realized that at the beginning of the problem solving that the program was actually just scanning for potential problems not "doing nothing." I was simply impatient. The reason I made this post was to help any people that were/are having the same problem. It plagued my for 6 hours and I realized I might be a little more experienced than some. So hopefully this will help at least one person in the future.