xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Using Xboxhdm From Usb Cd Drive  (Read 83 times)

bidomo

• Archived User
Using Xboxhdm From Usb Cd Drive
« on: October 02, 2007, 11:37:00 PM »

Hi everyone...

maybe this have been answered already...

Could this be done???

1hotjob

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 10:11:00 PM »

I don't know if Linux will boot from a USB device. Either do more searching for it or burn a CD and try it.

bidomo

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 07:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(ahero4heor @ Oct 6 2007, 07:50 AM) View Post
If it fails it's just one CD-R or RW, right?

Right, both of them, I have'em for a long ago, but my DVD fails to be along with some hard drives, so I was thinking in buying a usb DVD drive, so it will not interfere.

I'm gonna try since I've already buyed the drive. feedback in a some more minutes

zedd56

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 09:49:00 PM »

i think you guys are trying to get a little too complicated
xboxhdm needs to BOOT.
so, if you could make your windows boot off a usb drive, then yes you would be able to.
so if you modify the ini for the boot procedure, the spot where most people would put the location of their primary drive or cd drive, you could put in the usb location (sorry i dont know what exactly that would be, something with pci in it or well idk)

so basically, i dont think your question is can you use xboxhdm from a usb cd drive, i think you should be asking whether or not you can boot from a usb cd drive, no?

anyways, i dont kno if that was helpful in any way at all  laugh.gif but i think the best thing is to just find out for yourself and show and tell for kiddies in the future

EDIT (WHOOPS)

haha sorry i didnt understand what you meant hero...
when i read it the second time i realized you WERENT getting complicated or anything and you basically said exactly what i did...... silly me tongue.gif