xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Files Lost During Ftp  (Read 91 times)

1hotjob

• Archived User
Files Lost During Ftp
« on: September 07, 2007, 07:02:00 PM »

How big is your HD, and how big is the drive you were FTPing to?

It sounds like you could be getting some data corruption.

1hotjob

• Archived User
Files Lost During Ftp
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 06:49:00 AM »

That is probably the problem. If you didn't use Xbpartitioner to format the F drive with 32k clusters. With 16k clusters you get data corruption around 250gigs.

I would look at saving what you can and format the F drive with Xbpartitioner making sure it says 32k in the upper right corner.

Frantom

• Archived User
Files Lost During Ftp
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2007, 06:07:00 PM »

Can anybody answer my previous post, please?

1hotjob

• Archived User
Files Lost During Ftp
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007, 06:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(Frantom @ Sep 8 2007, 04:26 PM) View Post

Thanks, I've seen this mentioned on other threads now that I know what to look for. I actually had this machine setup by the guy who chipped it (who I'm guessing had never installed such a large hard drive before), so I don't know anything about how to install new software. Do I just copy the Xbpartitioner executable to the C drive, or do I have to add it to the EvoX application list, too?

If you add a folder to the E:\Apps named Xbpartitioner and copy the files into it, it should show up on the Evox menu.

When you say "save what you can" is there any way to retrieve the lost files, or should I just cut and run with what's left?

Save what you can.

One thread mentions the LBA48 bios feature. What does this allow?

Will changing to 32k clusters remove the 4Gig limit for individual files? Are there any other situations in which I could loose files like this in the future? For example, will filling up the drive completely do the same thing?

Thanks again for your help.

I don't know if it will remove the 4gig limit. I don't have any files that large to try. You shouldn't lose any data with 32k clusters.