xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Linux Pc To Xbmc Help?  (Read 56 times)

Naetholix

• Archived User
Linux Pc To Xbmc Help?
« on: May 01, 2007, 09:37:00 PM »

Ok, I'm relatively new to Linux and to XBMC.  I've had Ubuntu on my PC and my Xenium Ice in my Xbox for about a month now.  I know a few things here and there about Linux and most of the basics of XBMC.

I was wondering if there was anyone who has tips on how to configure a network between an Ubuntu PC and an Xbox.  When I had Windows XP, everything somewhat worked with my current setup.  Here's what I've got:

My Xbox (with crossover adapter) is connected to a wired router which is then connected to the ethernet card on my PC.  I've tried without the router in place, and there's no difference.  My PC has a wireless card which connects with our wireless router upstairs (which is connected to our internet).

I'm running Linux Ubuntu 7.04 on my PC and XBMC on my Xbox.

I can't get ftp to work, but the XBMC webserver works fine.  SMB is another thing I'd like help on, as well as having my wifi card share the internet through my ethernet card to my Xbox.

Anyone who has knowledge of any of this is welcome to place their input; all comments and ideas that might help are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!