xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Xbe Patcher For 1ghz Xbox  (Read 264 times)

XDelusion

• Archived User
Xbe Patcher For 1ghz Xbox
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2007, 03:20:00 AM »

Where is the cheapest most reliable place to send my mobo to for the 1ghz and 128Mb RAM updgrades?

nirtaz

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2007, 02:42:00 PM »

I just got mine from Trusty
The Modding work is great - but i cant run HD Files....
Do i need to change something in XBMC?
Do i need a Patch?

MartinC

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2007, 12:08:00 AM »

QUOTE(nirtaz @ Apr 16 2007, 09:49 PM) *

I just got mine from Trusty
The Modding work is great - but i cant run HD Files....
Do i need to change something in XBMC?
Do i need a Patch?

Seems there is a problem using the extra CPU resources,

http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/forum/showt...4716&page=8

Trusty has shown pictures of the speed increase using XBMC but this could be due to increased memory resources.

This post has been edited by MartinC: Apr 18 2007, 07:23 AM

althena

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2007, 10:30:00 AM »

Well, I got myself also now one of those 1 GHz Xbox consoles and can play now for example many emulators with a higher performance and still all my real Xbox game thanks to this great patch, so thank you very much Shonk for this useful tool (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Now I only have one problem patching one emulator who seems to require patching and that is the latest BenderMameOX. When I ran it the first time with my 1 GHz Xbox all games were running too fast and so I patched the default.xbe what was possible with your tool. However after that the games in MAME ran still too fast. I think this is because the default.xbe works just as some kind of loader and the "real" XBE is the one called MAMEoX.xbe that is also found in the BernderMameOX folder (and I think most MAMEoX are built like that). However it seems that this MAMEoX.xbe can't be patched with your tool, it says the file was not patched when I try.
If you don't mind, could you have a look into that, if this MAME could also be patched for a 1 GHz Xbox? I think MAME is one of the emulators beside Surreal64 that really might profit from the 1 GHz CPU as many games didn't run very smooth on a 733 MHz Xbox. I am sure that some of them might be more enjoyable now with the 1 GHz Xbox.

Thanks again and greetings!

althena

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2007, 08:24:00 AM »

OK, seems that it is just a problem with the latest BenderMameOX (the HSFII edition). I tried it now with MAMEdOX 1.1 and the latest MAMEoX 128 Plus and I could patch the MAMEoX.xbe too and now they also work fine on my 1 GHz Xbox smile.gif

Thanks again for this great tool and greetings!

neoryu

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2010, 12:27:00 PM »

I'm having the same problem with certain files not being patched.  The CoinOPS R3 Showcase emulator xbe's won't patch.  The default.xbe and MAMEoX.xbe's will not patch.  

For my favorite emulator, Final Burn Legends 1.3, the Cave.xbe and default.xbe's will not patch.   sad.gif

Anyone have any ideas?
Pages: 1 2 [3]