xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Bonehead Needs Help.. Can't Access Hard Drive  (Read 48 times)

rukiddin

• Archived User
Bonehead Needs Help.. Can't Access Hard Drive
« on: January 15, 2007, 02:14:00 PM »

Ok.. I know.. smooth move, but there has to be a way out of this mess.  I'm a little dumbfounded at the moment.

I was trying to get XBMC set up as my startup dashboard on a SoftMod Xbox (running EVOX).

I renamed the Evoxdash.xbe, and then copied over the shortcut that XBMC provides, but I didn't get the config files changed (i.e. I didn't follow all the directions)

Now when I start up my XBOX, nothing happens (if I put a game in, the game works fine, but if I don't have a game, it just sits there, no error no nothing.

I decided to just start over, and reload everything (as I had just done earlier, so no big loss), however the PC now won't even recognize the drive (I get a funky errory when it scans the ATA bus, it sees the DVDRW drive, but not the hard drive, I get like an error 110 or something)

If I go into the bios setup, the drive is listed, if I disable some of the automated ATA features in the bios (I have read that elsewhere) it doesn't seem to help.

Right now I'd be completely happy, just wiping the drive and starting over, or if there is a way to unlock the drive, and just rename the old evoxdash.xbe back to it's original name, that might work too.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mike