xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: New: Xbins Ftp Connector  (Read 636 times)

Ground Zero

• Archived User
New: Xbins Ftp Connector
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2008, 05:43:00 PM »

slavik19

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2008, 09:06:00 PM »

thanks for this.. smile.gif

videogamer555

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2008, 05:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(Ground Zero @ Sep 16 2006, 09:11 AM) *

I just wrote a simple app for automatically connecting to Xbins as I found others for this purpose did not fulfill their claims of being truely automated (i.e. they required more than one click).

For those who don't know what Xbins is:

"XBINS was started on June 30th 2002. It was started as a safe haven for developers to release their xbox applications without fear of Microsoft.
-
XBINS provides the most complete, up-to-date source of homebrew Xbox files available, as well as the fastest xbox software news source. Users ranging from beginners to full time developers regularly visit xbins associated channels. Developers are given access to a support channel and means of automated release and news updates. We enjoy our close ties with developers, and will actively fight distribution of leaked or fake/virus applications. All files on our servers are verified to be legitimate."

IPB Image

Download: http://www.verzend.be/v/6001997/xbins.exe.html

Simply extract it, and run Xbins.bat

Please share your experience with this app  smile.gif

I tried it, but www.verzend.be doesn't even exist anymore. Do you know an alternate link to get this software?

lololo27

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2008, 06:48:00 AM »

probably a stupid question but i cant help asking :

Why is it so complicated to get files from xbins "the normal way" when you can create a program like you did and get the files in only a couple clicks ?

Ground Zero

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2008, 08:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(videogamer555 @ Jun 23 2008, 10:04 PM) View Post

I tried it, but www.verzend.be doesn't even exist anymore. Do you know an alternate link to get this software?

http://xbins.seekandestroy.net

QUOTE(lololo27 @ Aug 2 2008, 11:48 AM) View Post

probably a stupid question but i cant help asking :

Why is it so complicated to get files from xbins "the normal way" when you can create a program like you did and get the files in only a couple clicks ?

Sorry, I don't understand the question. Can you rephrase?

I will try to answer anyway...

Why is it so complicated to get files from xbins "the normal way"

It's not complicated if you are an IRC user. Maybe IRC users were who Xbins had in mind, when they created the service.
Secondly, they probably didn't want everybody on the internet to be able to easily access their service, so they made registering on IRC a requirement.
This results in less load on their FTP server, and less public exposure (fear of microsoft? questionable legal status of files?).

when you can create a program like you did and get the files in only a couple clicks ?

Writing software is not easier than using Xbins  tongue.gif

lololo27

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2008, 03:07:00 PM »

yeah that was basically my question, why is xbins so complicated.

are all xbins files legal ? (and yeah xbins is still down)

wonakillamaul

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2010, 09:31:00 PM »

I used auto xbins for wii files but i wasnt sure what all I needed and I guess I was considered being greedy when I downloaded as much as I could until I was banned. Can I still get back on at a later date or something?

xboxmods2977

• Recovered User
« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2010, 11:25:00 PM »

Last time I checked, the limit for xbins was 30 files a day per person (IP) and I believe it is a 24 hour ban if the limit is exceeded.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]