xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Slow Ftp Speed  (Read 91 times)

Subbeh

• Archived User
Slow Ftp Speed
« on: September 10, 2006, 01:37:00 PM »

Since a short while I have trouble transfering files from my xbox to PC; I get speeds not higher than 40kb/s.
Transfering files from PC to xbox goes fine on the other hand.
The xbox is connected to a router. I've tried using a cross cable directly to my PC but the problem remains.
Anyone has any idea how to solve this?  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/uhh.gif)

paulr24

• Archived User
Slow Ftp Speed
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 01:33:00 PM »

I'm having the exact same problem... i have my xbox and pc connected directly via crossover cable and pc to xbox works fine but xbox to pc goes like 15 kb/s. Pretty annoying because I need to get some stuff off of my xbox and onto my pc. Let me know if u get it figured out and i'll do the same.

bulldozer

• Archived User
Slow Ftp Speed
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 09:12:00 PM »

yes...if u are using avaluanch....go into their netowrk settings and disable: "allow boost mode"...should be the last option in that particualr screen. if u still cant get it, pm me

kropper

• Archived User
Slow Ftp Speed
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 12:54:00 PM »

Could be your antivirus scanner trying to scan each file you are putting or getting from the server.  Try to disable AV and see if your speed has increased.

paulr24

• Archived User
Slow Ftp Speed
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 06:23:00 PM »

eh, i dont use avalaunch as my dash and dissabling my antivirus and firewall didnt help, i dunno what the deal is

This post has been edited by paulr24: Oct 4 2006, 01:24 AM

1hotjob

• Archived User
Slow Ftp Speed
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2006, 09:11:00 PM »

If you are using FlashFXP and did the upgrade that may be the problem. I was transferring some files after doing the upgrade and my speeds DIED.

Luckily I did the back up option when doing the upgrade and found my old .exe file and copied it back to the main FlashFXP folder. I haven't tried to upgrade again to see if it has been resolved.

paulr24

• Archived User
Slow Ftp Speed
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2006, 07:19:00 PM »

i dont think flashfxp is the problem either, i didnt upgrade it or anything and i got the same awful speeds using internet explorer to transfer the files

Xchamp

• Archived User
Slow Ftp Speed
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2006, 08:53:00 AM »

Ok guys, I've had this slow upload speed problem before and this is what fixed it.

I personally am using Evox as my dashboard. I have defaults in my network settings, so I did not change anything there. The problem was my PC's NIC. In my Speed/Duplex Settings I had, as default, Force 100 Full Duplex. I tested each setting and I found that:

-Force 10 Full and Half Duplex settings gave me slow upload speed (around 40-50 kb/s)

-Force 100 Full and Half Duplex gave me a higher upload speed (up to approx 2,000 kb/s)

The setting that gave me the best upload speed was Full Autonegotiation; speed was approx. 30,000 + kb/s. I have an NVIDIA nForce MCP Networking Controller so I don't know if any other NICs value term is different (other NICs value may say FULL AUTO).

For those who don't know where to get to their Advanced properties of their NIC follow this.

This is for XP users:

Go to
>Start
         >>Control Panel
         >>>Network Connections
         >>>>Right-click your Local Area Connection and select Properties
         >>>>>To the right of your NIC, select Configure.
         >>>>>>Go to the Advanced tab and select your Speed/Duplex settings
         >>>>>>>Change the Value to Full Auto(negotiation).
         >>>>>>>>Click OK and try it uploading something to your Xbox.

Hope this helps some of yall.

tracker2208

• Archived User
Slow Ftp Speed
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2006, 10:53:00 PM »

Thanks Xchamp!  That helped a lot.  I'm just using Explorer's ftp function and I have XBMC as my dash.  Can anyone here say using a different dash or ftp client has made signifigant difference?