xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ftp Problems  (Read 50 times)

megaman322000

• Archived User
Ftp Problems
« on: March 29, 2006, 04:05:00 AM »

I have been using my modded xbox for more than a year now. It works great. My pc and xbox are networked directly via a crossover cable. My default dashboard is evox. I use Flashfxp to transfer data to and from my xbox. I have always been able to ftp flawlessly. However, here recently I am experiencing a new problem. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)  I can ftp large files to my xbox or from my xbox to my pc without any hassle. It works great as long as the data I am transferring is just one big file. The problem is, if I try to transfer a large amount of data (such as a game) and the game folder has many smaller files and/or folders, I lose my connection EVERY time and it does not ever complete the entire transfer.
 Does anyone know why this would happen?
 Thank you.

mrRobinson

• Archived User
Ftp Problems
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 02:25:00 PM »

What dash?  As a troubleshooting step try using the filezilla ftp client. its free.

megaman322000

• Archived User
Ftp Problems
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 03:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(mrRobinson @ Mar 29 2006, 02:56 PM) *

What dash?  As a troubleshooting step try using the filezilla ftp client. its free.

My dash is evox. OK, I will give filezilla a shot. Btw, I also have qwix and it does the same thing when I try to transfer a game. It stops and never finishes.

megaman322000

• Archived User
Ftp Problems
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 02:41:00 AM »

Just tried filezilla. It seems like a very nice program. I may switch to it if I can ever get my problems sorted out. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)  It keeps giving me 2 error messages. 1. Upload failed and 2. Transfer error #1, Transfer error #2, Transfer error #3 and Transfer error #4. Trying again later. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
 Seems like filezilla is not going to solve my problem.  I have attached an image so that you can see the actual filezilla screen whilst trying to transfer. It actually transferred a small portion of it and then started erroring. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) (IMG:http://xs74.xs.to/pics/06134/filezilla.JPG)

megaman322000

• Archived User
Ftp Problems
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 03:52:00 PM »

Sorry for the triple post but apparently noone seems to have any ideas as to why my problem is occuring and/or how to solve it. I decided to purchase a new cross over cable to see if the problem was my old (possibly faulty) cable. My new cable has not made the difference. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)  Any further suggestions?

son171717

• Archived User
Ftp Problems
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 02:52:00 PM »

Im having the same problem.
If you fix let me know.

efinstuf

• Archived User
Ftp Problems
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 03:52:00 AM »

I just cant connect at all to any FTP program. I have all the right ip adress and steped through all the tutorials I could find. It either times out or just wont connect. Where to start other then more tutorials? I have seriously been through them all, which by the way are all the same, no trouble shooting! Can anyone help?

hoodedman

• Archived User
Ftp Problems
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 11:08:00 AM »

Try zipping the game then it would be one big file right?