xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Qwix No Longer Works When Over 200gig  (Read 61 times)

jacky89

• Archived User
Qwix No Longer Works When Over 200gig
« on: March 05, 2006, 04:51:00 PM »

I'm using Qwix 1.01. I can no longer upload games to my xbox because there are 200gigs used already. I have a 250gig harddrive. DVD2Xbox shows that I have 28gig free on my game drive.

Now the only way to put games on the harddrive is by puttin in the DVD into the XBOX and use DVD2Xbox.

Anybody know of a fix to this limitation?

CandieCorpse

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 12:18:00 AM »

you could just you another ftp program or internet explorer.

socalbluetooth

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 06:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(jacky89 @ Mar 5 2006, 04:22 PM) View Post

I'm using Qwix 1.01. I can no longer upload games to my xbox because there are 200gigs used already. I have a 250gig harddrive. DVD2Xbox shows that I have 28gig free on my game drive.

Now the only way to put games on the harddrive is by puttin in the DVD into the XBOX and use DVD2Xbox.

Anybody know of a fix to this limitation?

Well I had a very similar problem and what I found is that my mod chip & bios did not like hard drive partitions above 200 Gig. I had originally set up the hard drive with just the "F" partion and as the drive filled up it would always get corrupted when there was about 20 Gig left.

I solved the problem by re-formatting the hard drive and setting it up with both "F" & "G" partitions. Now I have no problems at all. I know it is a lot of work to format and reload all those games. I did it twice before I found out I needed to partition the drive with both f & g. Anyway I'm sure this will solve your problem.