xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ftp During Gameplay?  (Read 83 times)

X_Cheat3R

• Archived User
Ftp During Gameplay?
« on: March 05, 2006, 06:37:00 PM »

I'd like to be able to FTP files back and forth while playing a game.  I've heard this can be done with a debug bios.  I have a package that includes XDI Installer 1.2 and XIG2 1.2, and I got it all installed.  Everything seems to work like its supposed to, but when I FTP in it says 'Connected' but it wont list the directories.  I havent tried using XIG2 to capture screenshots, because I'm honestly not interested in this feature.  

Can anyone help?  Am I on a wild goose chase?

]
  • [

noselessmonk

• Archived User
Ftp During Gameplay?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 09:37:00 PM »

I know you can transfer things while running games. I can do it. You must have xbdm.dll and xbdm.ini on the root of your E drive as just running a debug bios isn't enough.

Also, the port number isn't 21. It is 700 and something(sorry can't remember exactly). It is easier to use the xbox shell extension for windows to connect while running debug during a game.

X_Cheat3R

• Archived User
Ftp During Gameplay?
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 05:38:00 PM »

thanks monk - good to know its possible. I dont have the .dll or .ini you are referring to - can these be found in the usual places?  I believe the port was 720, and that is what I was using...again it says its connected, but it doesnt list the directories???

ThanX again for your help!

]
  • [

noselessmonk

• Archived User
Ftp During Gameplay?
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 01:52:00 PM »

No you can't get those files in the "usual places"(not any I know of at least) since it they are part of the xdk.