xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Beware! Fraudulent Modders!  (Read 87 times)

Bob Newhart

• Archived User
Beware! Fraudulent Modders!
« on: December 28, 2003, 02:52:00 PM »

It has come to my attention that Troy Tardiff And Keith Pinette of Bathurst, New Brunswick
are performing the "service" of flashing people's TSOP's. These guys will strip your xbox of newer parts and swap them for older hardware!  :angry:

They have done this already and are still doing it! They take new Samsung drives and boards and swap them with older hardware which belongs to their friends' xboxes for a fee. Don't be taken in by these theives!... If you live in New Brunswick spread the word. These guys are bad news. They used to do this with Playstation machines too. I know.. I was one of them!  :(

socrates

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2003, 03:22:00 PM »

You used to do this with them?.........asshole.

Zedek

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2003, 03:29:00 PM »

I believe you read it wrong..he said that he got ripped off by them with his PS2.

Bob Newhart

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2003, 03:31:00 PM »

I Got RIPPED OFF!...I never used to do it!..lol...but it's really not that funny..

socrates

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2003, 04:08:00 PM »

Oh shit sorry guy my bad, i take it back, your not an asshole,your a victim of an asshole ;)

azanboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2003, 07:32:00 PM »

Haha it kinda a funny to see peoples getting rips of, for not learning to do it them self!!!! :lol:  :lol:  <_<

No_Remorse_666

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2003, 07:37:00 PM »

Haha it kinda a funny to see peoples getting rips of, for not learning to do it them self!!!!   

Ya thats a riot, maybe you wouldn't find it so funny if it was you that got
ripped off. :angry:

azanboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2003, 07:53:00 PM »

QUOTE (No_Remorse_666 @ Dec 29 2003, 06:31 AM)
maybe you wouldn't find it so funny if it was you that got Ripped off!!!

Dude!!! Think about it, you got to be a morron send something for someone to do it for you, and you don't even know those people, That why it funny, I know my self would never fall into that kind of thing getting rip off!!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

GiggyNiggy

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2003, 08:00:00 PM »

QUOTE (azanboyz @ Dec 29 2003, 06:47 AM)
QUOTE (No_Remorse_666 @ Dec 29 2003, 06:31 AM)
maybe you wouldn't find it so funny if it was you that got Ripped off!!!

Dude!!! Think about it, you got to be a morron send something for someone to do it for you, and you don't even know those people, That why it funny, I know my self would never fall into that kind of thing getting rip off!!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Well dik, just to let ya know not everyone that offers mod services etc rips others off...

azanboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2003, 08:38:00 PM »

If you were smart enought to do it your self, with all the tutorials that the guy have wrote for us how to do it you would not get rips off from such a low life people out there.
 The guy who wrote the tutorials, and the person who host this website have done alot of thing for many people out there and they didn't get a penny for doing so, if you guy have the money to send someone to do the the stuft that this website have tought us and get rips off, why don't you guy just help the person that wrote the tutorials and the guys who host the Website, And where do you think those people that know how to do this stuft from, reading the tutorials and where the tutorials from, here or maybe some other website.
 My ponit is read more and a lot more, so you don't get rips off!!!

I have Mods over 30 Xbox for a friends, for free!!! Thank to this site and The tutorials.!!!
:P  :D  :beer:

RoboChicken

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2003, 09:27:00 PM »

QUOTE (azanboyz @ Dec 29 2003, 07:32 AM)
If you were smart enought to do it your self, with all the tutorials that the guy have wrote for us how to do it you would not get rips off from such a low life people out there.
 The guy who wrote the tutorials, and the person who host this website have done alot of thing for many people out there and they didn't get a penny for doing so, if you guy have the money to send someone to do the the stuft that this website have tought us and get rips off, why don't you guy just help the person that wrote the tutorials and the guys who host the Website, And where do you think those people that know how to do this stuft from, reading the tutorials and where the tutorials from, here or maybe some other website.
 My ponit is read more and a lot more, so you don't get rips off!!!

I have Mods over 30 Xbox for a friends, for free!!! Thank to this site and The tutorials.!!!
:P  :D  :beer:

No one deserves to get ripped off. I paid $100 for a modchip and installation (fortunately the guy was honest). A few months on X-S and I learned how to do it myself. I guess all of those people out there that pay someone to paint their homes are "morons". How about the "morons" that pay for plumbers? You ever eat at McDonald's? I bet you have. Guess what? That makes you a moron because your too stupid to make your own goddamn burger.  :blink:

ChipInstalls

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2003, 09:47:00 PM »

I am a mod installer.  It sucks to get ripped off.  I got ripped off for a shirt that I order for my girlfriend.  It was a band called Superdrag from their site.  never buy a shirt from that band...

Anyhow, xbox is not difficult to mod however lots of people do not know someone who can do it or can not do it good.  Ps2 is another story...  People who know how to solder choose to send ps2s off.  

To get the equipement it will almost cost you the price of a nice modders install; fine tip nice irons run too much.  

RoboChicken I like your post.

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2003, 09:56:00 PM »

i think eating at mcdonalds would have to make you some sort of super morons, since they have regular morans making the burgers, lol

Bob Newhart

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2003, 08:20:00 AM »

Bump....

bourke

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2003, 05:13:00 PM »

QUOTE (ChipInstalls @ Dec 29 2003, 08:41 AM)
Ps2 is another story...  People who know how to solder choose to send ps2s off. 

To get the equipement it will almost cost you the price of a nice modders install; fine tip nice irons run too much.

PS2 is another story... check this out then!

Chipless PS2 mod

Although I do agree with you about the soldering bit; I have a degree in Computer Engineering (and a degree in Computer Science) yet my hands are still not steady enough to conduct professional surface-mount soldering tasks!

Sometimes you do need to pay for a solderer with surgeon-grade steady hands :P

cheers,
Bourkie

This post has been edited by bourke: Dec 30 2003, 01:14 AM