xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Tsop Then Clone-hdd Upgrade Possible?  (Read 53 times)

darkJester

• Archived User
Tsop Then Clone-hdd Upgrade Possible?
« on: December 28, 2003, 12:30:00 PM »

I'm preparing to do a TSOP flash on a v1.4 or v1.5 (not sure which yet). I'm in the process of downloading all of the tools I'll need to accomplish this. However, I have about what I was thinking of doing after I complete the TSOP flash.

Ideally, I would like to have my XBox TSOP flashed to X2 4979.06. After that, I want to upgrade my HDD. I've got a new 160GB sitting around, and my buddy already has a modded XBox with a 160GB that I would like to clone (has the newest EvolutionX dashboard and all). I looked at the cloning tutorial, but that seems to be about creating a backup drive, rather than a drive cloned for use in another XBox. My question is, after the TSOP flash with the X2 bios, can I simply clone his drive and drop it into my XBox? Or is there something else I have to do?

FYI, I'm going the conductive paint route (defogger repairer) and will be looking to jump the two points (as opposed to the three I've seen posted in some threads). Also, the 007raincoat should work regardless of which bios chip is installed, right?

A great many thanks to anyone who can offer some advice or suggestions. :D

Zedek

• Archived User
Tsop Then Clone-hdd Upgrade Possible?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2003, 04:00:00 PM »

If your just wanting to upgrade the hard drive, you can simply stick it in the xbox after you have done the tsop mod and then use a slayers bootdisk (or an evox boot disk if you don't want slayers) and just prepare it that way.

If it's your gamesaves your worried about, you can simply copy them off after you do the tsop mod and then when you get the other hdd prepared, ftp them back in.

And yes the raincoat method will work just fine.