xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xig2 And Xbmovie  (Read 91 times)

CharredChar

• Archived User
Xig2 And Xbmovie
« on: August 22, 2005, 10:43:00 PM »

I have everything working... but for some reason XIG2 wont capture. Screencapture through XBox Neighborhood works and when I try to do it through XIG2 after some network trafic it shows info about it... but nothing happens. I dont see a file appear where I told it to or anything. Would be nice too, seeing Screencapture on XBox Neighborhood opens it in Photoshop.. being on a old laptop its not the best thing for it.

XBMovie works ..fine I guess you could say. But it doesnt seem to be too good. First off, during capturing with it caching on the xbox it takes forever to transfer. I know it could be because network connection to this laptop is slow... but I wont be able to test it till after I get an apartment and a real network set up. If I try and capture without it caching on the xbox, the game itself lags, which isnt too useful for capturing. Also during playback is seems to lag pretty bad. Has anyone else tried this a bit and found the best settings for capturing and format? I dont completely understand all the advanced options.

Drilus

• Archived User
Xig2 And Xbmovie
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 06:45:00 AM »

sometimes your xbdm.ini file will get reset to dhcp. try setting it to static and see if that helps.

This post has been edited by Drilus: Aug 23 2005, 01:46 PM

CharredChar

• Archived User
Xig2 And Xbmovie
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 11:32:00 PM »

The XBox Neighberhood screenshot and test debug work. In XIG2 it says all the info of the screencap, looks like it works, but it doesnt save a file anywhere.

Drilus

• Archived User
Xig2 And Xbmovie
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2005, 06:21:00 AM »

did you specify a directory to save a file to in the settings menu?

CharredChar

• Archived User
Xig2 And Xbmovie
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2005, 05:44:00 PM »

Yeah, I even changed it a few times to see if it will show up and Id refresh the folder after it shows the capture info. Nothing.

May help if I say.. Im using Windows 2000, if there are any issues with that...

Santa_May_Cry

• Archived User
Xig2 And Xbmovie
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2005, 08:32:00 PM »

make it so windows paint, or something less taxing is your default picture editor, that will solve one of your issues

CharredChar

• Archived User
Xig2 And Xbmovie
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2005, 08:37:00 PM »

Well thats kind of obvious.. and actually once Photoshop is open its fine. Doesnt matter anyway, the screencap saves the images in My Pictures, so I dont care so much anymore. Id like XBMovie to work better though.

Drilus

• Archived User
Xig2 And Xbmovie
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2005, 06:41:00 AM »

hrm, this could be a bug. I havn't done much testing on Win2K machine's. Please PM me your xbox information, OS information (service packs etc.), and the exact steps taken to produce the errors. One thing I will also need is your XIG2 config.ini file.

With all that I should be able to recreate the conditions and hopefully get a fix (if this is indeed a bug).

Thanks.

CharredChar

• Archived User
Xig2 And Xbmovie
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2005, 12:09:00 AM »

So my XBMovie question never really got an answer. Does anyone even really use it?

Helios

• Archived User
Xig2 And Xbmovie
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2005, 05:28:00 AM »

Well I have tried it HEAPS and it just captures REALLY bad. Lags like a bitch and has NO sound. Its a useless tool.

Drilus

• Archived User
Xig2 And Xbmovie
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2005, 07:01:00 AM »

hey CharredChar.

since you don't see any file, but you do see results of the capture in the window you probably don't have a trailing backslash  "\" in the directory path.

goto settings, then for the directory path to save your pics to add a "\" to it. that should fix the problems.

also note: there is a button to the right hand side of the path box (has 3 dots ... on it) you can choose that to pick the path. It must have the backslash though, so if it's not adding that then it's a bug and i'll fix it.

Hope this helps you.