xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Error Copying File With Dvd2xbox Program  (Read 51 times)

jizzmasterflex

• Archived User
Error Copying File With Dvd2xbox Program
« on: August 18, 2005, 06:37:00 PM »

clean the game?

fantomlord

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2005, 07:06:00 PM »

with what?

R.E.A.

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2005, 02:08:00 PM »

GameDoctor!
http://www.ebgames.c...duct/174656.asp

I don't have one, but a couple years ago I was at EB Games, watching a commercial for it on the TV's they have hanging from the ceiling. What they did was take a PS game, put it in the Playstation, to show that it worked. Then he took it out, scratched the hell out of the disc with steel wool and put it back in, this time instead of the game working, it displayed an error message(duh.) So he took it back out, used the GameDoctor on it (which can be used with anything, music CD's, DVD movies, etc) and the game booted.
What the GameDoctor does is fills in scratched on the disc's surface with something that let's the laser pass through and reach the data properly. It won't work if the sratch is all the way through, you can tell if it is by looking at the top side of the disc (with the writing/picture on it) if you see little pieces of it missing(see right through them) then your disc is a coaster, it's dead, you can't fix it. But if it is just surface(bottom) then it'l work.

There are also some GameDoctor "clones." I've seen one at London Drugs (department store, only found in western Canada,) so you could probably find one in Walmart too. The one I saw in LD was cheaper, 20$CAD, and may not be as good as the GameDoctor, but you never know.

Hope this helps!
-R.E.A.

fantomlord

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 06:56:00 AM »

No...i just play it from the DVD for now...I'll make a backup from my friends original.