xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: Xbox Soundtrack Manager  (Read 1028 times)

XceL

• Archived User
Xbox Soundtrack Manager
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2005, 11:10:00 PM »

We should have nailed the ST.DB handling, we had no problems here, did you start from a new ST.DB or use an existing one? If you used an existing one do you remember how it was created/modified. I think if it was ever touched by VXCR it might be tainted and ruined. ;/  I'm currently working on 0.0.0.2 of Xbox Soundtrack Manager, hoping to fix the encoding problem.

CageStooge

• Archived User
Xbox Soundtrack Manager
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2005, 11:17:00 PM »

Final update before I go to bed.  I am happy to report, that in GTA:SA, I now have over 12 songs in 5 different soundtracks loaded. When I advance from one sountrack to another, it tells me the name of the soundtrack at the top of the screen.  All the songs start ok, but I didn't listen to them all the way through, so I can't testify (yet) that they all play from start to finish, as one would expect them to.

Anyway, I'm off to bed  :boring: , but I'm happy knowing that tomorrow I can do some drive-by's listening to my custom soundtrack.

Later guys!     B)

pigpie

• Archived User
Xbox Soundtrack Manager
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2005, 11:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(XceL @ Jun 14 2005, 01:11 AM)
At one point I did have it save after each song but I couldn't do it without the program throwing me an exception because it was trying to upload 2 files through 1 stream. :P

Heres a great idea. Why dont you make a program that instead of actually uploading it to the X-Box it just creates a folders within the main one like music\0001 and so forth and so forth, have it keep track of all the music in there and make a new ST.DB and just let us FTP them over to our boxes since if we are using this program already we probably know how to FTP those files. Kind of like PSP Video 9.

pigpie

• Archived User
Xbox Soundtrack Manager
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2005, 11:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(XceL @ Jun 14 2005, 01:21 AM)
We should have nailed the ST.DB handling, we had no problems here, did you start from a new ST.DB or use an existing one? If you used an existing one do you remember how it was created/modified. I think if it was ever touched by VXCR it might be tainted and ruined. ;/  I'm currently working on 0.0.0.2 of Xbox Soundtrack Manager, hoping to fix the encoding problem.

You didnt quote any1 so ill assume you were talking to me. Ive tried it with VXCR then i deleted it. I tried it with the first XBSM then deleted everyhting and tried it with the fixed exe and the UX fix. None worked. Im still trying though.

xenoxzi

• Archived User
Xbox Soundtrack Manager
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2005, 11:54:00 PM »

i get the error "application failed to intitialize properly"

th3d4rk

• Archived User
Xbox Soundtrack Manager
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2005, 12:03:00 AM »

i get an other bug when i try to connect to my box

CODE

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Der Index war außerhalb des Arraybereichs
  at StDB.SoundtrackDB.Add(Soundtrack soundtrack)
  at StDB.SoundtrackDB.Open()
  at StDB.SoundtrackDB.Open(Xbox xbox)
  at XboxSoundtrackManager.MainForm.Connect(String strIP, Int32 intPort, String strUser, String strPass)

i'm using avalaunch as def dash and windows xp sp2.

pigpie

• Archived User
Xbox Soundtrack Manager
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2005, 12:08:00 AM »

QUOTE(xenoxzi @ Jun 14 2005, 02:05 AM)
i get the error "application failed to intitialize properly"

Ok ive deuced my problem. Sometimes it wont start, when it does it works fine till its time to upload the ST.DB then i get that error and it really amount to nothin.

Slofsky

• Archived User
Xbox Soundtrack Manager
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2005, 12:37:00 AM »

I can't even open it, before and after updating the exe, I get this error:
CODE
The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application.

XceL

• Archived User
Xbox Soundtrack Manager
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2005, 12:50:00 AM »

QUOTE(Slofsky @ Jun 14 2005, 01:48 AM)
I can't even open it, before and after updating the exe, I get this error:
CODE
The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application.

Do you have the .NET Framework v1.1?

Slofsky

• Archived User
Xbox Soundtrack Manager
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2005, 12:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(XceL @ Jun 14 2005, 09:01 AM)
Do you have the .NET Framework v1.1?

Doh! Gotta download that first :P. Thanks.

Luriden

• Archived User
Xbox Soundtrack Manager
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2005, 02:02:00 AM »

Worked great first try. Can't wait until a further update though when (if) you add a rename feature. VXCR had one, but most of the time when I typed in a song title and clicked OK it would do nothing but refresh the tracklist. I ripped my entire Smashing Pumpkins CD collection to my Xbox, and I don't feel like using the Xbox controller to name 186 tracks.  :P [/brag]

XceL

• Archived User
Xbox Soundtrack Manager
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2005, 02:05:00 AM »

QUOTE(Luriden @ Jun 14 2005, 03:13 AM)
Worked great first try. Can't wait until a further update though when (if) you add a rename feature. VXCR had one, but most of the time when I typed in a song title and clicked OK it would do nothing but refresh the tracklist. I ripped my entire Smashing Pumpkins CD collection to my Xbox, and I don't feel like using the Xbox controller to name 186 tracks.  tongue.gif [/brag]

XBOX War3z

• Archived User
Xbox Soundtrack Manager
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2005, 02:29:00 AM »

smile.gif

th3d4rk, can you email me your st.db file (its in /e/tdata/fffe0000/music) thx

Since this application is build in .net you'll need to download the MS .NET Framework 1.1

We have tested the st.db handling from empty folders (it creates them) and from an existing file. Both should work.
But if you start with an damaged file it's possible that it wont work. So try to remove all the files/folders in the music folder.

About the Encoding Error, when you get it, can you please press the Details button and post the first 10 lines.

Yes, I'll create something in the future to build a st.db file from existing folders on your xbox.

The st.db and ftp code is done by me, so I'll answer those questions and XceL will answer the other ones smile.gif

Oh btw, I found the UnleashX bug, download the new stdb.dll file here and extract/overwrite in your current folder. It works even when your playing music in UnleashX but it wont use the new songs untill you reboot.

Have fun smile.gif and don't post the same bug too many times wink.gif

[EDIT] Still got troubles with UnleashX, you should use another dashboard untill we figure it out.

HomicidalMo0se

• Archived User
Xbox Soundtrack Manager
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2005, 03:09:00 AM »

i accidentally deleted my whole fffe0000 folder while trying to get this thing to work. now i can't even copy soundtracks the normal way. lol. is there a way to get it back to normal? :P

XBOX War3z

• Archived User
Xbox Soundtrack Manager
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2005, 03:42:00 AM »

Either place the folders yourself or use XSM to create them, like just add a new Soundtrack and disconnect.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14