xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: Xbox Soundtrack Manager  (Read 1029 times)

XceL

• Archived User
Xbox Soundtrack Manager
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2005, 08:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(ShuJinkO @ Jun 13 2005, 09:27 PM)
Still can't encode, doh
select all works tho, hehe
keep at it! :)

Could you please send me one of your mp3s then. :)

dopemane

• Archived User
Xbox Soundtrack Manager
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2005, 08:21:00 PM »

i get the same "failed to initialize encoding engine" error

Tik-Tok

• Archived User
Xbox Soundtrack Manager
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2005, 08:27:00 PM »

wink.gif

gehx

• Archived User
Xbox Soundtrack Manager
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2005, 08:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(XceL @ Jun 14 2005, 04:11 AM)
Ok try this build to see if it fixes the encoding engine error.

http://vxcr.xbox-scene.com/XboxSoundtrackManager.zip

Just replace the old exe with this one, let me know..

still doesn't work.  Also, like I said before, after I get the encoding engine error and try to close the app, it doesn't kill itself and takes up ALOT of system resources....it requires that I manually kill the proc.

gunnerone

• Archived User
Xbox Soundtrack Manager
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2005, 08:28:00 PM »

I'm also getting the Failed to initialize encoding engine error, even with the new executable.  It looks like a sweet program though.

jay-t

• Archived User
Xbox Soundtrack Manager
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2005, 08:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(gehx @ Jun 13 2005, 10:38 PM)
still doesn't work.  Also, like I said before, after I get the encoding engine error and try to close the app, it doesn't kill itself and takes up ALOT of system resources....it requires that I manually kill the proc.

Same problem.

XceL

• Archived User
Xbox Soundtrack Manager
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2005, 08:32:00 PM »

smile.gif I'm working on it now, its not a users problem its the coding. smile.gif Please be patient while I try to resolve this. It's hard to fix a bug you can't generate yourself. smile.gif

pigpie

• Archived User
Xbox Soundtrack Manager
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2005, 08:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(XceL @ Jun 13 2005, 10:11 PM)
Ok try this build to see if it fixes the encoding engine error.

http://vxcr.xbox-scene.com/XboxSoundtrackManager.zip

Just replace the old exe with this one, let me know..

Connecting to UnleashX Fix:
http://vxcr.xbox-scene.com/XboxSoundtrackManager_UXFix.zip

Please let me know if these fixes work. :)

P.S. Select All/None now work in both of those fixes. :)

Thanks, XceL

Still does not work for me. But i have a new bug. I guess sometimes i get connected and it says converting to wma and uploading; but it only lets me "upload" one then shutdown and do it again. Also it really doesnt upload it just tell the SB.DB or whatever there are songs and albulms when there are not. I know this cause UnleashX tries to play them but it just says the song title and keeps counting time.

EDIT: I tired the other fix not the UX and it would connect and upload as many as i wanted... but the files are still not on the box. But at least this time it made the folders. I will keep working with in a non-coding manner (me code hah like i know how:)

This post has been edited by pigpie: Jun 14 2005, 03:54 AM

XceL

• Archived User
Xbox Soundtrack Manager
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2005, 08:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(pigpie @ Jun 13 2005, 09:58 PM)
Still does not work for me. But i have a new bug. I guess sometimes i get connected and it says converting to wma and uploading; but it only lets me "upload" one then shutdown and do it again. Also it really doesnt upload it just tell the SB.DB or whatever there are songs and albulms when there are not. I know this cause UnleashX tries to play them but it just says the song title and keeps counting time.

Okay actually I'm not the one that did the FTP code, my friend that coded this project with me did, but I do have a hint on what the possible problem is. :)

Could you please send me an email, so I can send you a fix directly, thanks. :)

[email protected]

pigpie

• Archived User
Xbox Soundtrack Manager
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2005, 09:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(XceL @ Jun 13 2005, 11:02 PM)
Okay actually I'm not the one that did the FTP code, my friend that coded this project with me did, but I do have a hint on what the possible problem is. :)

Could you please send me an email, so I can send you a fix directly, thanks. :)

[email protected]

Did ya get that <i>thing</i> i sent ya.

XceL

• Archived User
Xbox Soundtrack Manager
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2005, 09:17:00 PM »

smile.gif

CageStooge

• Archived User
Xbox Soundtrack Manager
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2005, 10:42:00 PM »

For what it's worth I was having the "unable to initialize converter engine" whatever it was.  Anywho, I went in via FlashFXP and wiped everything under /E/TDATA/fffe0000/music.  I wiped all the WMA files, all the subfolders, and even wiped the ST.DB file.  I then went in via the Xbox Soundtrack manager and got one hellacious funky IO message from hell.  

I thought, hmm, I bet it's because there is no ST.DB file, and since this is a basic simplified quick and dirty release, they never thought that someone would not have an ST.DB file.  I then opened up the Old Virtual Xbox Ripper and the first thing it asked me was "Name a soundtrack" or whatever.  I inputted a name and it created a folder, which in reality is nothing more then 0001 on the Xbox, with the name and all that stored in the ST.DB file.  The point is, the old virtual xbox ripper re-created the ST.DB file for me.  I then shut down the old Xbox ripper WITHOUT UPLOADING ANYTHING and started the new Xbox Soundtrack Manager ...

voila .. the error went away, and I started converting and uploading .. so far so good .. now let's see if it works in SA :)

Seriously nice program, XceL.  You are my hero.  

:beer:

CageStooge

• Archived User
Xbox Soundtrack Manager
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2005, 10:56:00 PM »

LOL. I got so excited that this was working that I turned around and booted up SA without first disconnection Xbox Soundtrack manager.  This lead to the discovery of either a bug, or an odd program quirk.  My files were gone!  If you don't disconnect after you do a conversion and upload, but instead just reboot your xbox, or bring down the FTP server, then Xbox Soundtrack errors out with an unhandled exception, and the files either don't get moved (doubtful) or the ST.DB doesn't get updated, which is just the same as if they weren't there.  I think this is the more likely scenario, as I can see that you would do a final ST.DB write output upon disconnect.  I think, however, if that is the case you should change that behavior.  After each upload, the ST.DB should be updated to reflect the new song ...

Anyway, I rebooted the Xbox, reuploaded the songs, and then disconnected via the Xbox Soundtrack Manager tool.  I then re-connected with said tool, and my songs were there.  I did this about 4 times just to make really sure ...

I'm not sure what the problem with the old version was ( I just couldn't stomach the idea of reading 27 pages of posts at 1:05AM to find out ), but I know that the problem I was having with Virtual Ripper, was that I couldn't get more then 3 songs uploaded and working with SA.  If that's the problem, then I can tell you, I got 4 working now.  I got so excited I almost peed myself, which would have been decidedly un-gangsta-like.

I'm going to upload a buch more, and see if everything is all good ..

XceL

• Archived User
Xbox Soundtrack Manager
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2005, 11:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(CageStooge @ Jun 14 2005, 12:07 AM)
LOL. I got so excited that this was working that I turned around and booted up SA without first disconnection Xbox Soundtrack manager.  This lead to the discovery of either a bug, or an odd program quirk.  My files were gone!  If you don't disconnect after you do a conversion and upload, but instead just reboot your xbox, or bring down the FTP server, then Xbox Soundtrack errors out with an unhandled exception, and the files either don't get moved (doubtful) or the ST.DB doesn't get updated, which is just the same as if they weren't there.  I think this is the more likely scenario, as I can see that you would do a final ST.DB write output upon disconnect.  I think, however, if that is the case you should change that behavior.  After each upload, the ST.DB should be updated to reflect the new song ...

Anyway, I rebooted the Xbox, reuploaded the songs, and then disconnected via the Xbox Soundtrack Manager tool.  I then re-connected with said tool, and my songs were there.  I did this about 4 times just to make really sure ...

I'm not sure what the problem with the old version was ( I just couldn't stomach the idea of reading 27 pages of posts at 1:05AM to find out ), but I know that the problem I was having with Virtual Ripper, was that I couldn't get more then 3 songs uploaded and working with SA.  If that's the problem, then I can tell you, I got 4 working now.  I got so excited I almost peed myself, which would have been decidedly un-gangsta-like.

I'm going to upload a buch more, and see if everything is all good ..

At one point I did have it save after each song but I couldn't do it without the program throwing me an exception because it was trying to upload 2 files through 1 stream. :P

pigpie

• Archived User
Xbox Soundtrack Manager
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2005, 11:07:00 PM »

Ive uploaded a few songs and they are there; but i still get the same outcome as i did with VXCR as far as using it in SA. Quick question does the VXCR only not work in SA or does it not work with any Custom Soundtrack game. Thx.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14