xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: Xdi (xbox Debug Installer) Released  (Read 884 times)

Drilus

• Archived User
Xdi (xbox Debug Installer) Released
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2005, 09:09:00 AM »

XDI 1.2 has been released.

Added 1.6 support.
CRC32 for checking files
custom dashboard path's (for you softmodders).
FTP scan for *.xbe files. just choose which is your dashboard.
Passive FTP mode for the FTP impaired.

get it at http://www.xr8d.net/dev/

(IMG:http://www.xr8d.net/dev/xig/debugi2.png)

there are a few things to note.

1.) I will not send/give you any of the files you need. You will have to get a hold of them YOURSELVES. It's not hard, look in the usual places. PM other members, but I'll ignore any PM's asking for files.

2.) At the moment, the .xbe scan does not work with evox. evox does not use the NLIST command which i first designed it around. I will release a hotfix later for that issue, until then you can scan xbe's using a different dashboard or enter the path manually. You can enter it how you would in a ftp client. Example: /E/dashboard/evoxdash.xbe

If anyone has any suggestions, features or comments feel free to post. I hope this helps everyone.

SnipersLaww

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2005, 12:02:00 PM »

i tried it out and it says

checksum failed for xbdm.dll!

This post has been edited by SnipersLaww: May 18 2005, 07:11 PM

Drilus

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2005, 01:00:00 PM »

right, that's because your not using the latest dll file.
the latest xbdm.dll file is 5933.

This post has been edited by Drilus: May 18 2005, 08:01 PM

SnipersLaww

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2005, 10:07:00 PM »

i used the one that came with xdi1.2

Drilus

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2005, 11:37:00 PM »

did you even bother to read the readme? those are just dummy text files.

you are going to have to find the files yourself.

The Silent Servant

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2005, 12:06:00 PM »

not in the usual places... not on a "certain french website" and no one is replying to me... do i smell or something? how come no one's talking to me  jester.gif

Drilus

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2005, 04:12:00 PM »

the 1.0-1.5 are all in the normal places. the 1.6 is from geux.net, search harder.

as for xbdm.dll, it's in the usual places where you would find this type of file.

SnipersLaww

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2005, 06:33:00 PM »

see, the problem with some of these nice tools is the people that make them dont really help out those that are new to this type of stuff and want to try something new out and dont know where to get any of the stuff.  drulius is helping out a bit, but sadly it just isnt enough for alot of people.  its not his fault...some of the instructions themselves are bad for alot of tutorials if any instructions at all are given.

im not just talking about this program so dont get all upset.

it would be helpful though if some people would list like their xbox specs if they got it working so others with the same specs or so can try to get help from them.

Drilus

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2005, 11:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(SnipersLaww @ May 21 2005, 02:44 AM)
see, the problem with some of these nice tools is the people that make them dont really help out those that are new to this type of stuff and want to try something new out and dont know where to get any of the stuff.  drulius is helping out a bit, but sadly it just isnt enough for alot of people.  its not his fault...some of the instructions themselves are bad for alot of tutorials if any instructions at all are given.

im not just talking about this program so dont get all upset.
it would be helpful though if some people would list like their xbox specs if they got it working so others with the same specs or so can try to get help from them.

*sigh* in my defense, and for all the dev's here. we can only do so much for you. we write the programs for you, to make it easier on you. so when you say "the people that make them don't really help out", what about all the time they spent putting into the tool?  Look at XceL and all the time he's putting into Virtual Xbox CD Ripper. It's disappointing to here that people can still be disgruntled when we are doing this for you guys in the first place.   :unsure:

</rant>

SnipersLaww

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2005, 02:26:00 AM »

you misunderstand...it great that you guys are making these programs and all but the after help for those that just want to try it out and dont know wtf they are looking for arent really getting all the help they need.  not everyone knows these "usual places" that you speak of.  not everyone knows what half the stuff is on their xbox is because they probably had someone else mod it for them and install a bunch of stuff. (wont go into detail about this because the program makers dont have anything to do with this in the first place)  i guess the main problem is, you are assuming everyone knows wtf they are doing and doesnt need step by step help when in reality some people do.  not to say that you helping out almost every person already the best way you can, but a good step by step tutorial of how to set it up and where to get everything would help out alot of people.  someone sent me a link the other day to a tutorial that tells you how to use the xdk to take screenshots another way and after looking through it....there was no reference on where to get half the stuff (actually....there was just words saying this and that but no idea even where to obtain the stuff) they spoke of nor even really how to set it up.

so like i said, im not dissing you or the program..cause obviously it works cause some people have gotten it to, but not everyone is able to figure out lil odd problems that could be preventing them from making use of programs.

(i guess in reality this should have gone in the image grabber thread because this is more so what its all about)

Badmiyamotofinger

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2005, 04:54:00 AM »

Ok, I have a problem:

Installed Debug Installer 1.1 fine on my Xbox ver 1.1 with Evox.

When I run XIG2 under my Apps Menu, it loads the splash screen and then goes black. It doesn't do anything. (Is this right??) I thought it was suppose to restart my Xbox?

I press Eject and Evox loads again. Is the Debug BIOS loaded now????

Drilus

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2005, 09:08:00 AM »

your dashboard path is probably incorrect.

Badmiyamotofinger

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2005, 08:29:00 PM »

Drilus, can't be...

Evox is on my C: Stock HDD.

How do you check?

Do you check in the boot.cfg in XIG2? It links to C:\evoxdash.xbe

I've checked in your XR8D Forums and it looks like you want the info for dashboard.xbx and xbdm.ini?

Here they are:

\Device\Harddisk0\Partition2;evoxdash.xbe

[xbdm]
dbgname name=a1400
staticip use=1, addr=0x0200A8C0
subnet addr=0xFFFFFFFF
gateway addr=0x0100A8C0
memtrack flags=0x0 stackdepth=0x0
dbgoptions crashdump=1 dpctrace=1

Hope this helps!!

Drilus

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2005, 11:03:00 AM »

well, dashboard.xbx looks fine. xbdm.ini is a bit wrong.

subnet addr=0xFFFFFFFF

that should be

subnet addr=0x00FFFFFF

i doubt that is causing your black screen, but it never hurts to try.
pm me ur Instant Messenger contact name and I'll try and get
this fixed for you.

Drilus

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2005, 11:05:00 AM »

QUOTE(Badmiyamotofinger @ May 21 2005, 01:05 PM)
Ok, I have a problem:

Installed Debug Installer 1.1 fine on my Xbox ver 1.1 with Evox.

When I run XIG2 under my Apps Menu, it loads the splash screen and then goes black. It doesn't do anything. (Is this right??) I thought it was suppose to restart my Xbox?

I press Eject and Evox loads again. Is the Debug BIOS loaded now????

do you see the IND-BIOS words load at all?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14