xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: New Pc, New Router, Flashfxp, Extremely Slow Speed  (Read 47 times)

dragonsbane2002

• Archived User
New Pc, New Router, Flashfxp, Extremely Slow Speed
« on: May 01, 2005, 03:20:00 AM »

Really need some help here guys. I just got a new PC, and a new router (cheap compusa wired router). Went with a cheapie since I'd never used one before. Now I have my cable modem hooked to the router, my router hooked to my pc ethernet port, and my cable going from the router to the xbox as well. I use Flashfxp for transferring files, always have. Now with this new setup my speeds have gone from around 1mbps when transferring tv episodes to my xbox with my old pc setup, to a miserable 20kbps with this new setup.
With my old PC I had the internet and xbox going directly into the pc, no router or firewalls of any kind. I'm at a total loss of what to do to fix this. Flash fxp is saying it'll take 6 hours to transfer over a few tv episodes, when previously it took 5 minutes for the same amount of stuff.
Help, PLEASE!!!

I also tried doing the same setup as I had in my old pc. took out my old pci ethernet card, put it in my new pc, but the new pc doesn't even recognize the new card. It's a HP PCI card, but I don't even have the old install disk to try that.

mrRobinson

• Archived User
New Pc, New Router, Flashfxp, Extremely Slow Speed
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2005, 04:01:00 PM »

Read the tut in my sig for troubleshooting speed issues.  
first thing I would try is a crossover from pc to xbox and see what speeds you get there.  That would point the finger at your router or pc so you know where to focus.