xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Upload Speeds  (Read 91 times)

Luriden

• Archived User
Xbox Upload Speeds
« on: February 13, 2005, 11:45:00 AM »

I guess nobody has experienced this problem but me? It's been a day since I made this topic, with 17 views but no replies. Any suggestions at all?

education

• Archived User
Xbox Upload Speeds
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2005, 12:50:00 PM »

Typically the connection between your box and pc should be 10MBps to make sure you are not having connection spped problems goto you network connections in xp right clik on your network adaptor and select properties, select configure when the adaptor pops up, no choose advanced.
Try the following sppeds 10 Full Mode if nothing changes try 100 Full mode the pc will opperate at 100MBps while the box opperates at 10MBps the buffer on the pc will ensure there are no missed packets.
If all else fails tey smart ftp its free and i have massivly high connection speeds with it no probs as of yet.
Good luck

project722

• Archived User
Xbox Upload Speeds
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2005, 08:36:00 PM »

education     Posted Yesterday, 07:56 PM
 pc will opperate at 100MBps while the box opperates at 10MBps

Its 100Mb/s and 10Mb/s. Mb=megabits MB=megabytes. The xbox has a fully capable 10/100 ethernet controller chip with a max speed of 12.5MB/s. Whether you get that speed depends on many factors.

Luriden     Posted Yesterday, 11:47 PM
     Grrr, this is annoying. I tried what you said, both 10 and 100, and neither worked. I also have SmartFTP, and it's giving me the same problem. If anything, it's a little faster with FlashFXP.

You will generally have slower upload speeds from the xbox. You might want to make sure the upload packet size in flashfxp is on 8192. This usually gives the best performance.

project722

• Archived User
Xbox Upload Speeds
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2005, 09:39:00 PM »

2 MB/sec (megabytes)is not good. You should at least be getting 7-8 MB/s from PC to Xbox. If its 2 mb/s (megabits) then thats even worse. How are you connected? Via crossover or through a router/switch?

FooLiP

• Archived User
Xbox Upload Speeds
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2005, 10:28:00 AM »

when it's a big file, i get sustained transfer rates of about 5Mbytes a second (about 40Mbit) sometimes it can reach higher speeds like 7Mbyte/sec too.

That's with CoreFTP client

spyman

• Archived User
Xbox Upload Speeds
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2005, 11:29:00 AM »

http://www.chefelf.c.../networking.php

i get 8MB/S xfers, but i have a seperate nic and hub just for the xbox.
windows xp and flash fxp.

project722

• Archived User
Xbox Upload Speeds
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2005, 04:30:00 PM »

Luriden     Posted Today, 07:31 AM
     They're connected through a router with ports forwarded. Also, since I switched the packets to 8192, the speed went way down. Uploading to the Xbox is now 200kb/s.

Have you used another dashboard yet to rule out an FTP server problem? What about the router? Have you tried another port? Or reset your router lately? Take the router out of the picture all together if you can and go direct to pc with a crossover. And change your packet size back to what it was. 8192 is the default and works well in most cases. Your setup obviously requires a different setting or either you have a more serious problem, maybe an MTU mismatch or you may just have a bum NIC.