xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Defrag  (Read 55 times)

Elbryan

• Archived User
Defrag
« on: October 14, 2004, 11:17:00 PM »

I was just wondering if their is a way to defrag the xbox hard drive. Preferably a program that runs on the xbox.

Thanks.

Start

• Archived User
Defrag
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2004, 04:14:00 PM »

QUOTE (Elbryan @ Oct 15 2004, 06:17 AM)
I was just wondering if their is a way to defrag the xbox hard drive. Preferably a program that runs on the xbox.

Thanks.

nope there isnt, but there aint really a reason to defrag it.

Games wipe the cache drive before they stick there stuff there. that means its 100% unfragmented.

I suppose if you copy and delete stuff from the E/F drives alot you might consider runnin it on there, but i dont think there would be much of an improvement

Elbryan

• Archived User
Defrag
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2004, 09:04:00 PM »

okay

gronne

• Archived User
Defrag
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2004, 07:06:00 AM »

QUOTE (Start @ Oct 16 2004, 11:14 PM)
I suppose if you copy and delete stuff from the E/F drives alot you might consider runnin it on there, but i dont think there would be much of an improvement

Do you really think anybody cares about defraging xyz? Of course you want to defrag e and f. If you've got a 200gb hdd and often delete/install it will get very fragmented. How much it affects the drive I can't say, but mine "feels" slower in loadings. The avalaunch team claimed they were working on one, and that it worked well, but they never want to release it.

Baner

• Archived User
Defrag
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2004, 01:12:00 PM »

The only thing you can do as of now is to backup all the files on your box, and format the drives, then ftp the files back onto the box. There's a topic about defragers in the development forum, it's like the third topic on the list.