xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Some Prep Questions  (Read 98 times)

--Xtreme--

• Archived User
Some Prep Questions
« on: December 15, 2003, 12:04:00 PM »

Any help would be appreciated I need some answers before I continue.

1. Is there any version xbox that is going to be easier to flash tsop? If so what manufactur date should I look for. I plan to get my xbox at walmart as its the only place close to here and I will look at the manufactur date. Also Is thier a certain manufactur date to figure out if its a sammy drive?

2. Whats a cheap memory card that is known to work for sure? Anyone ever use any of these http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product_lis...120144%3A120147

3. I plan to use window defoger kit because I havent done a lot of soldering. Any tips?

4. I plan to take the warrenty sticker off somehow, because if I fuck up I can put it back on and take it back to walmart lol Ive heard of using a blowdryer and getting it hot does this work?

5. Can I use evox m7 bios with any version xbox 1.0 through 1.5? 1.1 and 1.2 are 1024k, and 1.2-1.5 are 256k correct?

6. On xbox versions 1.2-1.5 why is thier conflicting stories on the bottom jumper points? Do they need jumped or not???

CAnt think of anything else I have read the tutorials on how to do it and understand them. Just trying to get the prep work figured out. Thanks for any help.

zizux

• Archived User
Some Prep Questions
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2003, 12:15:00 PM »

Here is a small suggestion:

Buy your xbox use a heat gun/blowdryer to remove your stickers. Open up and find out which ver it is (Its probably gona be alteast a 1.3 and if its the holiday package its probably 1.5)

Then paypal me 20 bux. For a memory card, and I'll send it to you with the game save on it with the right bios on it, and instructions. ;)

Otherwise yes that will work just fine ;)

And Just the top two should work no problem.  On older ones the one on top and one on bottom will also work.

This post has been edited by zizux: Dec 15 2003, 08:16 PM

--Xtreme--

• Archived User
Some Prep Questions
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2003, 12:52:00 PM »

Then paypal me 20 bux. For a memory card, and I'll send it to you with the game save on it with the right bios on it, and instructions.

I already have what I need the game save and all. Thanx anyways, just trying to make sure I get a card that will work? Does anyone know if the original xbox memeroy card will work?

I dont really want the bundle I just want the XBOX hopefully they will have just the xbox for sale I saw a bundle on thier site for like $230, but I think I can get just the xbox for $179.

zizux

• Archived User
Some Prep Questions
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2003, 01:42:00 PM »

Yes it will work fine and the holiday one is still 179 but comes with clone wars and tetris.

Zedek

• Archived User
Some Prep Questions
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2003, 02:57:00 AM »

Any help would be appreciated I need some answers before I continue.

1. Is there any version xbox that is going to be easier to flash tsop? If so what manufactur date should I look for. I plan to get my xbox at walmart as its the only place close to here and I will look at the manufactur date. Also Is thier a certain manufactur date to figure out if its a sammy drive?

1.0's and 1.1's are pretty damned easy, and you can even put a switch on them and make it like a modchip...but you'd only probably find those in a resale store like a pawn shop or a Gamestop.  YMMV.

2. Whats a cheap memory card that is known to work for sure? Anyone ever use any of these http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product_lis...120144%3A120147

That's all I use is the M$ memory card...had too many problems with 3rd party cards not working.  the M$ card has not failed me yet.

3. I plan to use window defoger kit because I havent done a lot of soldering. Any tips?

Take some of the paint and put it on a toothpick and just put a light dab between the two points and let it dry COMPLETELY

4. I plan to take the warrenty sticker off somehow, because if I fuck up I can put it back on and take it back to walmart lol Ive heard of using a blowdryer and getting it hot does this work?

bleh...you can do that or I can repair it for $25 =P

5. Can I use evox m7 bios with any version xbox 1.0 through 1.5? 1.1 and 1.2 are 1024k, and 1.2-1.5 are 256k correct?

Correct...you can also use X2 4979 on all xboxes as well. (1.0 - 1.5)

6. On xbox versions 1.2-1.5 why is thier conflicting stories on the bottom jumper points? Do they need jumped or not???

This is still under some debate...some people the top two points wern't enough...some it was.  I've noticed that on pretty much every refurbished box, the top AND bottom points need to be done.  Now I'm sure that it's just 2 points but no one has yet figured out which two points it is.  M$ seems to keep switching them on us.  

I'd do the top two and try it with an updated raincoat.  If it doesn't work, do the bottom ones.

CAnt think of anything else I have read the tutorials on how to do it and understand them. Just trying to get the prep work figured out. Thanks for any help.

Sounds like your doing well...give it a go.

This post has been edited by Zedek: Dec 16 2003, 11:12 AM