xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 7 Days To A Tsop Flash...  (Read 68 times)

Metasparks

• Archived User
7 Days To A Tsop Flash...
« on: December 15, 2003, 10:37:00 AM »

My experience with TSOP flashing
virgin xbox - 1.2 or 1.3 - ST TSOP - k:5101 d:4920
modded xbox - 1.0 - xecuter 2.0 lite with switch - k:3944 d:4817

Day 1:
Purchased Action Replay 8MB card and USB adapter

Day 2:
Rented 007 Bond Game

Day 3:
Downloaded 007AUF hack with evox
Attempted to transfer to memory card
Loaded onto virgin xbox hard drive.
Attempted 007 hack, did not work. ERROR 21.

Day 4:
Attempted to access hard drive from virgin xbox with a hotswap to my modded xbox.
Was able to log into ftp, but kept showing modded xbox's contents even after restarting flashfxp, clearing caches.
Tried to write anyways a new directory to virgin xbox through flashfxp.
Rebooted modded xbox and looked at contents. No new directory.
Rebooted virgin xbox, ERROR 21.
Tried to continue hotswapping between two xboxes with no luck showing contents of virgin xbox's harddrive in flashfxp.
Got the "BRIGHT" idea of running slayers auto installer v2.5 on modded xbox, then hotswapping IDE cables, then doing a retail
format on the virgin xbox's harddrive. Got error 06 now.

Day 5:
Downloaded xlinux and booted PC.
Hotswapped between virgin xbox and PC, mounted drives.
Contents were now viewable but there was corrupted information on the drive partition that would not delete.
Went back to a xbox-to-xbox hotswap with the modded xbox and virgin xbox as above. This time sent raw ftp commands through flashfxp
to format hard drive partitions as per http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/hdd-ftp.php tutorial.
Reconnected to xlinux to do hotswap. Partitions empty of corrupted information!
Using xlinux, copied over modded xbox's original hard drive backup to C and E partitions of virgin xbox that I had stored on backup CD.
Reconnected to virgin xbox and started... NO ERROR! 4034 dash!

Day 6:
Reconnected virgin xbox's harddrive to PC and hotswapped using xlinux.
Copied over bert and ernie xtf files, renamed original xtfs to xfts, and copied in free-x evox.
Reconnected harddrive to virgin xbox, restarted. LoADED EVOX!
Disassembled virgin xbox down to motherboard.
Investigated TSOP and found it was a 256k.
Placed x2.4979.06_256k.bin bios on harddrive using xlinux swap.
Connected tsop write bridges using soldering tool from radioshack and .15 dm solder. Rechecked connections with multimeter.
( http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/no-modc...-full-guide.php )
Reassembled virgin xbox. UNABLE TO WRITE! Getting error message "Manufacturers ID 09 Device ID 00. !!Flash Not Writeable!!"
Disassembled virgin xbox down to motherboard again and redid all solder points.
Reassembled virgin xbox. UNABLE TO WRITE! Getting error message "Manufacturers ID 09 Device ID 00. !!Flash Not Writeable!!" AGAIN!
Checked xbox-scene message boards and found the crc code to place in Evox for both the bios file and my tsop. Placed those in my evox.
Reattempted flash. Success!

Day 7:
Removed stock hard drive from virgin xbox.
Replaced it with 80 gig unformatted drive.
Used Slayer Auto Installer 2.5 to format drive and copy over Evox and apps. Success!
Closed virgin xbox!

FINISHED! Hope this helps someone because I was helped tons by the kind people of xbins-help and by reading and reading and reading some more. And sometimes, by stopping my hesitation and just going for it, I got somewhere new. PS. I was always working on my xbox being grounded by a anti-static wrist wrap. When soldering, I made sure not to lose any particles onto the motherboard. Good luck and don't  hesitate to post for followups if you have a problem doing the same.

Oh yeah, after upgrading my modded xbox to dash 4920 via the splinter cell game, I attempted the 007 hack and it worked fine. I think the 007 hack does not work with kernel versions 5101.

Gymp

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2003, 11:20:00 AM »

umm

Downloaded 007AUF hack with evox
Attempted to transfer to memory card
Loaded onto virgin xbox hard drive.
Attempted 007 hack, did not work. ERROR 21.

Ok dude just wondering if you really had copied the savegame from the memory card back to the virgin xboxs harddrive as if you run it from the memory card that can cause the error 21.

Apart from that yeah having an updated flash table is good and evox will do most tsops but i use raincoat just because I have a few problems with the winbonds even after updating the flash table. It looks like you went the long loooong way around .. but at the end of the day if it worked then thats cool.

Metasparks

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2003, 06:29:00 PM »

Yeah, buddy, I did transfer the save game to the virgin xbox's hard drive. Forgot to write that in!

But anyways.. it was the loonnnnng  lonnnngg way... hehe.. But it did work! Felt better than sex... well... close.... umm.. I gotta go...  :P