xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Backup Dvd's  (Read 47 times)

rab154

• Archived User
Backup Dvd's
« on: July 13, 2004, 07:03:00 AM »

wink.gif  you should get brilliant quality if you encode to output a file at 1.5gb biggrin.gif  not to sure on which specific software wud be useful to you wink.gif  but i wud do this without the aid of the xbox just do it all from your pc including the ripping of your movies cool.gif  then at the end you can ftp the encoded vids to your xbox and watch them with xbmc  smile.gif

pepsik

• Archived User
Backup Dvd's
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2004, 07:09:00 AM »

1.5 gigs? Sounds like you want to make svcd's. It's a long winded process and will not be less than 3 hours. If you want to make a dvd to a dvd then dvd shrink is the best program.

Tons of guides on how to do this if you search google for "cnovert dvd to svcd"

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
Backup Dvd's
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2004, 04:32:00 PM »

why not just make them 4.34 gigs so you get the quality meant for dvds????

rip with dvd decrypter, shrink with dvd2one, burn with record now....

great quality unless the movies over 3 hours, then its just a little blocky in dark parts, but that can be remedied if you cut out the menus usually.

unless you are trying to get like 3 movies on 1 dvd... then i dont know, but with the price of dvds being around 50 cents each on sale... why not go for the gold?

ryan207

• Archived User
Backup Dvd's
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2004, 07:17:00 AM »

I guess I could burn them to a dvd, but that was not my original idea.  I wanted to keep them all on my xbox and I would run out of room real fast if they all were 4+ gigs.  I wanted to convert them to .avi or .mpg and have them be around a gig.