xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: New Skin Downloader!  (Read 763 times)

The Pen is mightier

• Archived User
New Skin Downloader!
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2004, 09:52:00 AM »

wow I USED to like that site...before I realized they were arrogant assholes...

Master-Chief

• Archived User
New Skin Downloader!
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2004, 10:45:00 AM »

grr.gif

SKllZ

• Archived User
New Skin Downloader!
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2004, 11:38:00 AM »

Needs the .NET Framework installed. just update windows you'll see it there or just google it.

WabidWoveren

• Archived User
New Skin Downloader!
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2004, 11:55:00 AM »

they are not "fixing" it but making it so your program will never work, i think that hooking up with another site is your best way to go, but no site will ever be better than axs.

adambooth

• Archived User
New Skin Downloader!
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2004, 12:13:00 PM »

I agree with the views of AXS.  You should have at least asked permission first, rather than just releasing it.  Those people don't ask much, and they host the skins for the whole Xbox community, with money coming out of their own pockets (along with ad revenue, etc, but still THEIR own money) to fund that site.  Bandwidth costs money and you were disrespectful, and went ahead and did it anyway without asking.

By the way, it seems you have decent coding skills, so put them to work on something useful... and get permission first.

And AXS rules the skins scene.  Everyone knows that.  It's like saying XS is a second-rate site, when everyone knows its the best.  There's no denying that.

SKllZ

• Archived User
New Skin Downloader!
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2004, 12:44:00 PM »

They only way thats going to happen is if they dont open the downloads again!

Brots06

• Archived User
New Skin Downloader!
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2004, 01:45:00 PM »

uhh.gif

koldfuzion

• Archived User
New Skin Downloader!
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2004, 01:58:00 PM »

this app has rendered ava downloads from axs useless, but there are other servers to use.

CaliSurfer008

• Archived User
New Skin Downloader!
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2004, 02:33:00 PM »

QUOTE (SKllZ @ Mar 21 2004, 08:46 AM)
The app isnt going away! I'm just going to update the app when they fix the site...I will put a limit on it 5 downloads per users a day. If you have the old version it will auto update when I release the new version.

maybe you didn't catch my hints...

within the next couple of releases of UnleashX...this app will be useless!!!

koldfuzion

• Archived User
New Skin Downloader!
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2004, 03:09:00 PM »

They only way thats going to happen is if they dont open the downloads again!

That may very well be the case,   if our code cant stop you,  then shutting down the site will.   I have no problems with that, I hate to see the skinning community loose an outlet,  hate to see the devs get forced to support all skins on thier own after already busting thier butts to make it work.  I hate all the affects your virus has and could cause,   but like I said,  we will not be held hostage,  you will not leave AXS open to consume an unlimited amount of bandwidth.  We will simply go away.

Dont get me wrong,   I appreciate the 5 download limit offering,  I think you did a great job with the program.  Its just not a program that needs to be created and made available by a third party.  If we allowed leaving the app out there... we would actually be working for you and with all the time, frustration, energy and patience we spent on this, to get it right.  Handing it over to you is not an option.

We are hosted by people, they have thier limits and we have our limits on what we can provide,  thats why you dont see Preview videos on our site.  We focus on the skins and we cannot provide the bandwidth that videos would impose.  Just as we cant a leech app.

-Natas-

• Archived User
New Skin Downloader!
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2004, 03:40:00 PM »

Ok, at first I did not understand what was going on as I went to allxboxskins to get the new media experience skin for XBMP and all the skins be gone with a post from momdad all bent about some mass downloader program. But now that I have a better idea of the whole picture I must say that the folks over at allxboxskins are going about this all wrong. They could have talked to SK||Z about a limit but it seems they did not. Guess I'll be finding another place to get my skins from. It seems AXS downloads are still down anyway as I can't even get a skin for Avalaunch thru Ava. Can't download thru a browser either.....

Well I'm off to find some skins. BTW SK||Z, nice little utility you made here. Just downloaded it and checked it out. You have my full support and I was wondering any plans on making it skinable?

SKllZ

• Archived User
New Skin Downloader!
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2004, 03:57:00 PM »

Thanks for the support guys! That does sound like a good idea skinable I’ll have to look into that. Just keep in mind that the app does auto update I will be releasing a newer version soon.

SKllZ

• Archived User
New Skin Downloader!
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2004, 04:00:00 PM »

So what does that mean? Your not going to open back up the downloads I said I would put a 5 per day limit on it...I just think you don’t like me!

SKllZ

• Archived User
New Skin Downloader!
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2004, 04:09:00 PM »

There must be something else going on is it because of the MXM logo contest you still holding that against me that’s sad. I put a 5 per day limit on it but that still isn’t good enough? All I wanted to do was give the community something back from all the help that was giving to me and because someone has a grunge against me it’s going to effect everyone of the X-S community, that’s just not right at all…the new version with not have your logo or banner on it I will use something original. The app is here to stay even if I have to get my own server to host the files from.

geniusalz

• Archived User
New Skin Downloader!
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2004, 04:13:00 PM »

When I ran the program and selected an app, it had 100+ skins, all checked for download.  I can imagine why some people are pissed off at this.

Just too easy for people to click "start download", and cause AXS to run out of bandwidth within a day or two.

EDIT: I can also see why the AXS admins wouldn't want to support your app, after the 'Protest AXS' campaign, namecalling and whatnot

And why is this thread cross-posted in every dash forum?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10