xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: New Skin Downloader!  (Read 758 times)

Brots06

• Archived User
New Skin Downloader!
« on: March 18, 2004, 02:22:00 PM »

I like the program but one more thing it needs is a little preview pic of the skin so u can view it before u download it...

h1tman

• Archived User
New Skin Downloader!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2004, 04:36:00 PM »

besides the skin preview, it doesnt look bad at all.

JuggaloZeke

• Archived User
New Skin Downloader!
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2004, 07:38:00 PM »

Looks nice but why would Ava users use this when we can do the same (previews and all) from the comfort of our couches with our Xbox?

Brots06

• Archived User
New Skin Downloader!
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2004, 01:56:00 AM »

just a wild guess, how much longer unitll the next release?

Brots06

• Archived User
New Skin Downloader!
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2004, 05:55:00 AM »

i think thats all it needs

BloodyMary

• Archived User
New Skin Downloader!
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2004, 02:15:00 PM »

That's actually pretty cool... now if it will work with xbox-skins.net and other skin sites that might creep up.... I'm pretty much assuming that you worked with someone from allxboxskins to create this program... as it appears to scan their database to update it's list..

CaliSurfer008

• Archived User
New Skin Downloader!
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2004, 04:12:00 PM »

wait for next UX release  biggrin.gif

the joker

• Archived User
New Skin Downloader!
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2004, 05:20:00 PM »

kinda cool actually.

SxualVnilla

• Archived User
New Skin Downloader!
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2004, 07:55:00 PM »

Great App, how to see more of it in the future

Pereghost

• Archived User
New Skin Downloader!
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2004, 05:53:00 AM »

Hey SKllZ,

I was using the program and thought as I was unchecking all the ones I did not want, What if AXS had one of the uncheck or check all buttons like hotmail has. Now that would save you a lot of time because then you could just scroll down and check the ones you want and not hae to worry about uncheking a hundred other you did not.

Just a thought but great program all the same.

Peace out,

The Ghost.

chilin_dude

• Archived User
New Skin Downloader!
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2004, 06:53:00 AM »

How about being able to download vid previews from blazed site?

Corspegrinder99

• Archived User
New Skin Downloader!
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2004, 01:33:00 PM »

QUOTE (SKllZ @ Mar 19 2004, 08:40 PM)
Ok I updated the downloader to have the skin preview if you have trouble updating just delete the updater.exe and run the app again it should create a new updater.exe and the app should shut down and restart with the new version. Please not that you need the .net frame work to run this app also.

I'll be adding that feature to it also to grab all the skins that are selected tonight.

user posted image
user posted image

n1ce

ravage73

• Archived User
New Skin Downloader!
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2004, 01:44:00 PM »

Did MomDad or Koldfuzion contact me and ask me to put a limit on the number of files downloaded at any one time?

why should they ask you?

BloodyMary

• Archived User
New Skin Downloader!
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2004, 01:46:00 PM »

QUOTE (SKllZ @ Mar 20 2004, 06:30 PM)
Protest AllXBoxSkins.com

On March 18, I contributed to the x-s community a utility to help make it easier to download skins.  It was well received, with other members of the community asking to add features, like skin preview and multiple file downloads.  The original version did not have either of these features, but I added them because of the Xbox Scene community.

On March 20, on a topic in the MXM forum where I announced the utility, koldfuzion writes this kind comment:

"...All skins have currently been removed,   effectively leaving AXS broken until we can combat your app..."

MomDad posted this comment:

"You can thank a lame individual who goes by "SKllZ" for this.  Without a shred of forethought, this wanker created an automated mass skin downloader to list and leech not only AXS but other skin sites... Myself and KoldFuzion didn't spend over a year+ creating and building up this site to see it toyed with by an ignorant kid...  We would appreciate if users would respect our limits, and not help to spread the tool (although it has been rendered useless now anyway tongue.gif )."

Apparently, they think the only reason I wrote this utility was to bring AllXBoxSkins down, instead of writing it to give back to the X-S community.  Apparently, I'm "ignorant" and a "lame individual" for taking the time to write this utility.  They render the app useless and tell people not to use it.

Worse yet, the thread where other users requested those features that they accuse me of making just to bring their site down was DELETED from the X-S forums.

Did MomDad or Koldfuzion contact me and ask me to put a limit on the number of files downloaded at any one time?  NO.  Did any other member come to the same conclusions these two did?  No again.  Instead, people appreciated my time and efforts and contributed constructively to improving the utility.

Yet again, only hostile actions from Koldfuzion, as exemplified in this colorful post:

"I know who you are....You are the worthless piece of shlts that make all of this not worth the trouble... The real problem is you're not the Real Slim Shady just the pathetic imitations and like the song goes... there are lots more like you. Get a f**cking clue. Both of you make me sick."

It is Koldfuzion who is the worthless piece of shit.  Apparently, he thinks he owns all the skins and utilities that the members of the xbox community have spent time contributing.

Just to show that I didn't write this utility to bring their shitty site down, I'm going to add a download limit of 5 to the program.  Maybe then, that worthless piece of shit can get over himself.

You can help protest against Koldfuzion and his lame PHP site by doing two things:

1) Download from other skin sites that have much more features than the tired AXS.  Help support the X-S community despite Koldfuzion's remarks.

2) Add this banner to your signature to show your support for protesting AXS.
user posted image

-SKllZ

Wow... although I agree with some of your points... I think you just started a flame war waiting to happen here... Seems like you are saying that you don't like their 'game' .. but in the same essence... by posting a post like this.. you are playing their 'game'...  it sound rather shamefull either way... I don't want to see allxboxskins go away... at the same time.. I think you made a nice program here... try to work with them and work out a solution if you can.. if not... just work with other skins sites... no need to start the flames...

ub312g0d

• Archived User
New Skin Downloader!
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2004, 01:54:00 PM »

They implemented a download limit on the amount of skins could be downloaded at the same time and the information of this was made widely available.  They HAD to put a limit on the amount of downloads because people were downloading skins off the site like mad and running up insane amounts of bandwidth usage.  What you did, intentionally or not, was totally circumvent their protection and costs them tons of additional bandwidth by opening the flood gates that HAD to be closed.  Im sure if you want to split the bill with them they wouldnt mind your prog at all, but you arent.  So while they find a way to put a stop to your old program screwing them over. Let them be. They do the community an enourmous favor by hosting all of the skins that the community makes.  This includes a few of mine as well, and your attack towards them is an insult towards me and the other skinners out there as well.  MomDad and KF SHOULD be very respected in the community although it seems that people are more ignorant than ever.

While your program was a good idea in theory, you didnt put enough thought into the impact that it would have.  And of course most of the community thought It was a good idea, but on the other hand, most of the newer members in this community dont ever think for anyone except themselves.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10