• Archived User
SUXX
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2003, 09:45:00 AM »

laugh.gif

pimpkid

• Archived User
SUXX
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2003, 10:00:00 AM »

didn't notice any errors on the first game i tried (kill switch). But on I-ninja, it only xferred the files from the root of the.iso, the files from the /xbox/ dir didn't make it (although SWIX created the dir on my xbox)

suggestions:

xbe patching
auto game folder naming
batch size indicator (to show total to be xferred)

o..and as far as the name is concerned, i don't think its a huge deal (i mean the shit's all free anyways), but changing it would probably be a good idea if you intend it to be a standalone release.

This post has been edited by pimpkid: Dec 8 2003, 06:02 PM

jiz_king

• Archived User
SUXX
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2003, 10:02:00 AM »

call it qwax. Swix is shit.

ughugh

• Archived User
SUXX
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2003, 10:06:00 AM »

smile.gif

as for..:
> xahur
> Stop this rip-off..
> U wana make ur own iso extraction, fine... Keep Qwix out of it!
>
> Qwix is unique, and no1 will ever make anything half as good.. So stop trying!

There are certainly huge possible speed improvements to be made in the Qwix extraction engine (though mostly for extraction to a local hd, I guess)

xahur

• Archived User
SUXX
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2003, 10:12:00 AM »

Sorry if i was a lil straight-forward...
But just ripping off a popular name... Its bad!

Devenic

• Archived User
SUXX
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2003, 10:13:00 AM »

Thanks man.  Appreciate the name change.  :)  It took a long time to arrive at that name, and it's only been out a while, so I hate to try to rename it again.

Extraction speed improvements?  I haven't noticed any speed problems here.

ughugh

• Archived User
SUXX
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2003, 10:21:00 AM »

Devenic: I did some testing last week on a ~4g iso. Qwix took some 15 minutes dontknowhowmanyseconds, and mine took 11minutes something. However, this is for extraction to HD. So it's not a speed problem (as in pc->xbox is slow), just that it could be faster on local HD (think making multigame disks).

pimpkid

• Archived User
SUXX
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2003, 10:54:00 AM »

do you have a list of games that don't transfer properly? Im gonna run some more tests tonight, I can make a list of what works and what doesn't.

pimpkid

• Archived User
SUXX
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2003, 07:47:00 PM »

hm.  guess this topic got dropped pretty quick, anyways i've tested a buncha games, so far only ones that DON"T work are:

Tony hawk Underground
I-Ninja
Deus Ex : Invisible....

all 3 games this was the issue:

all files in root of .iso xferred (default.xbe, and few others..depending on game).  and all subdirs were CREATED, however:   in many of the subdirs for these games, no files were transferred (eg empty folders).  

Note: I've used this tool to xfer about 30 games, and so far these 3 I KNOW not to work.

All I did to test games was to verify they were about the same size as the .iso (I know it'll never be exact..cuz .iso can be smaller or larger depending), and that they booted.  It is possible that some of the subdirs in the working games also are empty, but possibly the game still boots as these files might not be needed until later in the game (like textures for certain maps, etc).

If you do fix any of these issues, will you be immediately releasing update?  I'll be your faithful tester...;p

pimpkid

• Archived User
SUXX
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2003, 11:32:00 AM »

edited my post above...decided to bump thread as well.

ughugh

• Archived User
SUXX
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2003, 01:23:00 AM »

Put the IP address of the box in the host field

bootz

• Archived User
SUXX
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2003, 08:09:00 AM »

So far I've only had problems with the game already mentions by other people. The transfer speed is awesome. However on some games that have a lot of files in a folder it will only show say 2000 files then once it get to 2000 the total file amount will increase by 20 or so. On most games the bar that shows the total file completed with stay around 90+% but when it changes folders it will drop down to what percentage the total image is at. Other then that if you added an xbe media patcher into the programe it would be perfect.

ughugh

• Archived User
SUXX
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2003, 09:47:00 AM »

The progress bar / files remaining thingy is that way because silly iso creation apps (read: that which is not Qwix) scatters the directory structure all over the iso, instead of everything at the beginning. Thus, when one extracts stuff from a rar archive, the contents of subdirectories are not discovered at the beginning, but rather as extraction progresses.

A side effect of this is that for isos where the directory structure is after the file data, the archive must be processed multiple times.

An xbe patcher would probably be pretty easy to do, and will most likely be implemented (as will xbe title renaming and such) - but I was hoping on ironing out any remaining bugs before adding more features smile.gif

PooN

• Archived User
SUXX
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2003, 02:04:00 PM »

Do you need to have enough space on ur hdd for the extraction?  Example:  Game is 1gig in size.  So after it has been extracted twice from rar and iso, do I need 3 gigs of space on my hdd?

I have only tried one game so far, MHRS.  And not all files were transfered.  Random folders are empty.  Could it be because I do not have enough space on my hdd for extraction?

--PooN
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5