xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Tsop Hdd Swap Mod?  (Read 33 times)

PTurner169

• Archived User
Tsop Hdd Swap Mod?
« on: November 29, 2003, 04:48:00 PM »

My problem is, I just rushed out to buy a 200GB HDD, just in time for the holidays, along with other gifts and now am totally out of funds. The box is a V1.1, and I cannot seem to find 007: AUF, well my old box is modded, and up to date, I was thinking If I soildered the points on the box, and just switch the HDD would it boot up, and could I just flash the bios with evox? Then switch out the hdd, and put in the new 200 gig, and it would all work correctly? The last time I fooled around with the xbox was when the TSOP first came out, I remember the contest... Lol. I want some money, but oh well.  :blink:

lordvader129

• Archived User
Tsop Hdd Swap Mod?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2003, 07:44:00 PM »

im kinda confused as to your situation, yo uhave 2 xbox, on emodded and one not?

well you cant just swap HDs like that, the unmodded box wont load evox

what you can do is (if you dont have access to 007 or mechassault) try an HD swap with HDD driver and load a dashboard exploit onto the unmodded box, so you can run evox and flash the bios

PTurner169

• Archived User
Tsop Hdd Swap Mod?
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2003, 10:14:00 PM »

aw man. Lol. I just wanted the easy way out, again. I will just have to wait to rent 007 or find someone who has it then. As my computer does not have any other room to hold a hdd, or have any extra connections. Boo. Stupid retail computers. I cannot even disconnect a fan, or my neon light because they are all connected to one big wire goign to the power supply, so that means I cannot even replace them either.  Just want to yank everything out. Lol. Well thanks anyways. Yes, as stated, I own two boxs, one modded, and the other not. I just thought maybe there was a new way to do it or something. That would be great though, just connect the points, add a harddrive that already has everything on it, flash your bios and boom your in the game. This is going to cut into my workout and sleep sch-ea-dual. :boring:  :beer: