xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Is There A Way To Speed Up Transfer Of Xbox To Pc?  (Read 40 times)

Shoji

• Archived User
Is There A Way To Speed Up Transfer Of Xbox To Pc?
« on: September 12, 2003, 05:24:00 PM »

Nevermind...I got it to work...I switched the throughput on the card....

Shoji

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2003, 05:38:00 PM »

Wait...nevermind that last reply...I thought I got it to work...but its only going at 50 kb/s....Shouldnt it be getting aroudn 8mb/s???

Shoji

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2003, 06:20:00 PM »

biggrin.gif.... I switched to smartftp and adjusted the speed. I had also had the settings at 10/full but I switched to 100/full...everything is running up to par now....I know this is prolly been asked and solved many times...I just followed through in case some other poor soul comes along with the same question... cool.gif

yummie

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2003, 04:44:00 AM »

How do you change the setting from 10/full to 100/full?? on xp?? ive tried but cant find it

LESTAT

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2003, 05:39:00 PM »

go to the properties of your NIC its labeled Media Type

and glad to see your moving so fast your lucky i can only move at 45kb/sec  and im fucking tired of it.

Internet Explorer will dump files at 5megs/sec but it WONT transfer small files. it hates things 200k and less. the connection just dies out.

ive changed every setting with the nic and ftp program that i can think of and nothing is working.
i dont see how Internet Explorer can transfer so fast but a regular ftp program will NOT go faster than 45kb/sec.

any thoughts anyone ?

assmonkey

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2003, 05:47:00 PM »

Internet Explorer will dump files at 5megs/sec but it WONT transfer small files. it hates things 200k and less. the connection just dies out.

not true
i transfer my ini(less than 1k) files tru internet explorer all the time,with no problem

LESTAT

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2003, 02:46:00 PM »

not true for you

i can transfer alot of small files but when it comes to games it just friggin hates small files there,,

like i have said in another thread  IE is faster (5+meg/sec) but dies with small files.
FTP client is slower but handles most all files. but it WILL die out,, but that is the xbox ftp server dieing,, its been an issue for a long time ive read about it here and other forums.

all i cant figure out is why the fuck the ftp clients will only transfer at 45kb/sec  it refuses to go higher

damatrixz

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2003, 07:46:00 PM »

need sum tips on ftp, how to improve speeds,

wut can i do, i use evox and flashfxp its horrible

we should have a pinned ftp topic

such as disabling file and print sharing disabling kwos aware programs, and setting full/half or wuteva u do

CaicedoLuis

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2003, 07:57:00 PM »

my FTP speed was so slow that an old lady can cross the street faster than it would take to FTP 1 meg until.......  I Downloaded.......

SpeedCorp 2k Enhancer from http://www.Speedcorp.net
now i get about 20-50 megs per second

Edit: seems like SpeedCorp is down i still have the file and could give it to anyone that wants to host it

Knasen

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2003, 08:05:00 AM »

wink.gif