xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Flashing Tsop W/ Matrix  (Read 49 times)

migel628

• Archived User
Flashing Tsop W/ Matrix
« on: November 23, 2003, 09:26:00 PM »

I'm trying to flash the TSOP in a v1.0 using the Matrix modchip from my other system.  Found the evox_matrix_tsop_flash.zip, flashed the Matrix w/ EvoX_MatriX_TSOP_flash.bin, soldered the points as shown in the Flashing Xbox TSOP with Matrix (http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/evox-tsop-matrix.php) and followed the steps listed.  However, when I boot the system the Matrix will flash from Green to Red while holding down the T1 wire, beep & then reboot.  If I let it go during (or after) this, then it will not recognize the DVD-R/DVD+RW/CD-RW w/ Evox on it.  BTW if I continue to hold the T1 wire, the system system will reboot twice & then the eject LED will flash red/green w/ no picture.  Any ideas on what I should try next?  Thanks for any help you can toss my way.  Also, I did search before posting, I just couldn't find any info that fit my problem.

This post has been edited by migel628: Nov 24 2003, 05:28 AM

migel628

• Archived User
Flashing Tsop W/ Matrix
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2003, 07:16:00 AM »

anyone?

migel628

• Archived User
Flashing Tsop W/ Matrix
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2003, 08:34:00 AM »

C'mon, somone has to have some insight they can provide...

venturahighway

• Archived User
Flashing Tsop W/ Matrix
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2003, 08:59:00 AM »

are you disableing the matrix (open d0) ~1/2 second after power on?
leave t1(A15) grounded until you have boot.

This post has been edited by venturahighway: Nov 24 2003, 05:00 PM

migel628

• Archived User
Flashing Tsop W/ Matrix
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2003, 10:33:00 AM »

Well I am grounding the A15 pt, but the tutorial didn't mention anything about creating an open between the D0 pt & the Matrix, so I'd have to say that D0 is not being open for the 1/2 second.  How do I go about doing that?

migel628

• Archived User
Flashing Tsop W/ Matrix
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2003, 11:04:00 AM »

I'm also looking at the Fixing Tsop With Matrix (http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/matrix-fix-tsop.php) & that states that there are 2 jumper pts that need to be bridged.  Does this apply to doing the inital flash or just while fixing a lame flash?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

migel628

• Archived User
Flashing Tsop W/ Matrix
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2003, 09:44:00 PM »

OK, figured out what I was doing wrong, I wasn't lining the D0 pt up correctly.  Anyway, now I can get into Evox, but when i go to Flash the TSOP I get the following message:
Manufactures ID 09 Device 00
!! Flash Not Writeable !!

Any ideas as to what I'm missing?  I soldered the 2 jumper pts (1 on the front & one on the back, then continued on from the Matrix TSOP Flash tutorial.

daviefresh1775

• Archived User
Flashing Tsop W/ Matrix
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2003, 10:11:00 PM »

test the points with a multimeter, and if they are right then u should try flashing with raincoat

migel628

• Archived User
Flashing Tsop W/ Matrix
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2003, 01:25:00 PM »

Checked all my solder connections:
1) MCPX RD# to Flash OE# (aka J1)
2) MCPX WR# to Flash WE#
3) W1 to W2
4) A15 (aka T1)

Reflashed the Matrix chip w/ EvoX_MatriX_TSOP_flash.bin.

Made sure that the Matrix was lined up properly & was able to boot into Evox.  Similar to before, I get the following:
Manufactures ID 09 Device 00
!! Flash Not Writeable !!

Tried grounding T1 to the Chassis and then to the Screw, but neither seemed to matter.  

I have read conflicting posts about D0.  Some posts say that the D0 pt should be open, whereas other say that it should be grounded for a short period of time then ungrounded.  Tried this w/ no luck.  

Any help would be golden, b/c I really want to get this going...  

migel628

• Archived User
Flashing Tsop W/ Matrix
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2003, 02:16:00 PM »

I may go w/ the TSOP Flash through Raincoat as daviefresh1775 suggested (in the event that I can't get this method to work).  However, what do I need to do this, as all the tutorials I've seen make very little sense.