xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Flashing Tsop With X2 Lite Plus  (Read 64 times)

Zeeman

• Archived User
Flashing Tsop With X2 Lite Plus
« on: November 23, 2003, 12:59:00 PM »

hi i got my xbox with x2 lite plus, no solder mod and its working great.  now i just bought another xbox and i was wondering if i can able to flash TSOP of this one using the x2 lite plus i have so i don't have to buy another chip.  if possible how risky is this and any chances on going back to orginal ms bios? and what is procedure? I am assuming if i have latest slayer or bios dump on the hd then use evox to do this. I am correct?

I know there is pinned thread about flashing x2 but it doesn't talke about x2 lite plus.

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2003, 03:03:00 PM »

im not sure but you might be able to use the TSOP d.6 to flash it, but more likly youll have to load an exploit (007 or MA) and flash from there

OVerlordI

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2003, 03:09:00 PM »

Ya i think from whate ive read the flashing tsop after booting a lpc mod only works on 1.0s and maybe 1.1s?   It would be easier to do an exploit, especially since you already have a modded xbox.

OVerLoRDI

Fafnir

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2003, 03:13:00 PM »

Ii have a similar question.  I f***ed up my TSOP, and so I got a X2 Lite Plus, and now everything works great.  Since I still have the sodder points on the Motherboard, what would I do to reflash the TSOP, so that I could ditch the mod chip?  Could I turnon my xbox w/ the case open and take out the modchip while running,  then flash the TSOP?  Anybody done this?

EDIT: I flashed a corrupt BIOS file to the TSOP, so it is not physically damaged.

This post has been edited by Fafnir: Nov 23 2003, 11:14 PM

Zeeman

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2003, 08:46:00 PM »

thanks guys. i guess i will do use the exploit method then. for the exploits, i just need to get the file into memory card and load them during the game save.  after that i use the evox to flash the TSOP. is this that correct?

OVerlordI

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2003, 09:19:00 PM »

yep, grab the saved game file from the "usual places" along with the bios.  ftp it to your memory card put the memory card in the unmodded xbox copy the saved game file to your hard drive.  boot up the game load the saved game flash and enjoy.  Good luck

OVerLoRDI

Zeeman

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2003, 03:58:00 AM »

Thanks OVerLoRDI.  I just read a tutorial and it talks about "bridgining jumpers" on the motherboard. according to the tutorial, all the xbox TSOP are 'read only' and you have to bridge jumpers to unlock TSOP. does this necessary?

netscan

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2003, 04:03:00 AM »

QUOTE (Zeeman @ Nov 24 2003, 12:47 PM)
Thanks OVerLoRDI.  I just read a tutorial and it talks about "bridgining jumpers" on the motherboard. according to the tutorial, all the xbox TSOP are 'read only' and you have to bridge jumpers to unlock TSOP. does this necessary?

yes

Scan-C

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2003, 04:50:00 AM »

just for the recorda. the procedure with the lite + is the exact same as with the lite.