xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: N00b Tsop Bios Flash  (Read 64 times)

granty

• Archived User
N00b Tsop Bios Flash
« on: November 18, 2003, 12:36:00 PM »

Yes i know this is a N00b question but i want peace of mind. I have already modded my xbox using the 007 trick, now i want to flash my BIOS without messing it up. I have the slayers 2.5 disc and was wondering can you do it off that and is there anything i should know? Btw my xbox is version 1.1 so thats a 1024kb bios yeah?

ninemillimeter

• Archived User
N00b Tsop Bios Flash
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2003, 01:54:00 PM »

First things first.....read the newbie section man!

its all in there

If you dont know what size yer bios is then I wouldnt be flashing anything because the chances are you dnt know what version yer xbox is for certain

if "YOU" modded yer box using the 007 hack, then you should know what size yer bios is mate!

probably a mate mooded it and told you right?

Trust me, read the newbs section and then ask

And yes to yer slayers instller question (thats what its there for)

Cheers

This post has been edited by ninemillimeter: Nov 18 2003, 09:56 PM

pyon

• Archived User
N00b Tsop Bios Flash
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2003, 05:14:00 PM »

yes you must flash your v1.1 with a 1 meg bios.  

before you can flash you must solder the write enable
points.  

http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/tsop-images.php

lordvader129

• Archived User
N00b Tsop Bios Flash
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2003, 07:37:00 PM »

QUOTE (ninemillimeter @ Nov 18 2003, 06:48 PM)
First things first.....read the newbie section man!

its all in there

If you dont know what size yer bios is then I wouldnt be flashing anything because the chances are you dnt know what version yer xbox is for certain

if "YOU" modded yer box using the 007 hack, then you should know what size yer bios is mate!

probably a mate mooded it and told you right?

Trust me, read the newbs section and then ask

And yes to yer slayers instller question (thats what its there for)

Cheers

ease up, your not exactly a veteran yourself

if he softmodded his box that means he probably never opened it, so he would have no way of knowign the version for sure

anyway, just make sure you jumper your point properly, if its a sharp TSOP it needs a 3rd set of points connected with a wire, then flash with a 1mb bios (assuming it is indeed a 1.1)

ninemillimeter

• Archived User
N00b Tsop Bios Flash
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2003, 10:18:00 AM »

because i make only a few posts, you think i dont know much...i prefer to read then ask, unlike many peoaple in here!

Im just saying that he should know what to do if he reads the newbie tute.

Whats yer point with the softmod reply????

Cheers

Veteran modder

lordvader129

• Archived User
N00b Tsop Bios Flash
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2003, 11:18:00 AM »

my point was you said he should know his version if he modded it, but if he did a softmod (007 trick) then he probably never opened it, adn the only sure way to tell your version is to open it up and look around

granty

• Archived User
N00b Tsop Bios Flash
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2003, 11:37:00 AM »

Actually I have opened it of course, you need to solder the two points to make the 007 Trick work, I couldn't remember if i was a 1mb BIOS because it was a long time ago. Yes its definatly a v1.1 and i dont think its a sharp one. But will i still need to solder some more wires or something then to upgrade BIOS because i don't fancy doing that really. I sohuldn't think you would have to.

Toru

• Archived User
N00b Tsop Bios Flash
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2003, 11:59:00 AM »

QUOTE (granty @ Nov 19 2003, 10:31 PM)
Actually I have opened it of course, you need to solder the two points to make the 007 Trick work...

I don't think that is true.  My box is currently softmodded using the 007 exploit to get the audio exploit on to load the phoenix loader, and the box has never been opened.

Next step for me is also to open it up, bridge the points and flash M7.

LESTAT

• Archived User
N00b Tsop Bios Flash
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2003, 12:12:00 PM »

you need to solder the 2 points to make the 007 trick work,,
uhm i dont know what planet your from but on this planet the 007 hack has NO SOLDERING
if you soldered ANYTHING then you probably have already got a tsop,, and need to only flash with the CORRECT bios, correct is NOT bfm. a bfm bios will screw your xbox.

yeah bro go read the tutorials it is SO SO simple i was scared to do it but i said screw it and did it the other night,m, now im a happy little camper!

LESTAT

• Archived User
N00b Tsop Bios Flash
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2003, 12:13:00 PM »

QUOTE (granty @ Nov 19 2003, 10:31 PM)
Actually I have opened it of course, you need to solder the two points to make the 007 Trick work, I couldn't remember if i was a 1mb BIOS because it was a long time ago. Yes its definatly a v1.1 and i dont think its a sharp one. But will i still need to solder some more wires or something then to upgrade BIOS because i don't fancy doing that really. I sohuldn't think you would have to.

NO OFFENSE dude but you obviously have no clue wtf your doing,

you soldered some points one time, and youstill need to solder more,, oh jesus ,, what are you doing to your xbox..

007 does NOT need soldering.

go read the tut's dude please

ninemillimeter

• Archived User
N00b Tsop Bios Flash
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2003, 12:14:00 PM »

As long as you havent touched the points then the chip is still writable and you can flash it as many times as you want

So I was right then?

Open up yer box and look yer lazy bum  :P

Oh, and thanks for backing me up here LESTAT! :D

Thanks all!

This post has been edited by ninemillimeter: Nov 19 2003, 08:15 PM

ninemillimeter

• Archived User
N00b Tsop Bios Flash
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2003, 12:17:00 PM »

LESTAT, he is saying that he has flashed his bios previously and wants to know if he has to solder more points to 'upgrade' the bios!

Answer is no dude!

Best answer is to go and take that solder off your mobo and save yourself any further hassles...heheheheh

ninemillimeter

• Archived User
N00b Tsop Bios Flash
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2003, 01:38:00 PM »

QUOTE (ninemillimeter @ Nov 19 2003, 09:12 PM)
anyway, just make sure you jumper your point properly, if its a sharp TSOP it needs a 3rd set of points connected with a wire, then flash with a 1mb bios (assuming it is indeed a 1.1)

What are you on about here Vader????

You really dont know what you are on about do you????

You are another one who speaks from their arse and not READ the posts then defend people who do the same...

1.1 only needs 2 points soldered to mate!  1 on top and 1 on bottom NOT 3

You know you must be a vetran because you seems to a) not know much or B) forget lots

Taking into a/c your other posts too  :lol:

Thanks  :D

I hope this post doesnt get removed, i wanted to prove  pooint that post count doesnt mean you're not a "veteran" and dont know what your talking about

This post has been edited by ninemillimeter: Nov 19 2003, 10:30 PM

liemer

• Archived User
N00b Tsop Bios Flash
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2003, 03:09:00 PM »

Umm no what are you talking about 1.1 versions need a third wire to solder look at
http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/tsop.php it even says version 1.1 needs it so dont be saying crap when u dont know. Cause u might screw someones xbox up

lordvader129

• Archived User
N00b Tsop Bios Flash
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2003, 03:24:00 PM »

some xbox have a Sharp TSOP chip, they need a 3rd set of points, i belive the Sharp only appears on 1.1 boxes

but now it seems he flashed his TSOP using 007, in which case her certainly should know his version or at least what size bios to use, so i guess that puts on on the same side 9mm :)