xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dvd2xbox Dvd-video Problem  (Read 42 times)

northernlight

• Archived User
Dvd2xbox Dvd-video Problem
« on: August 25, 2003, 02:47:00 AM »

Never had problems with it. For enter the matrix is a patch. You have to copy it on your pc harddisk, and run the patch. After that you can upload it to your xbox.

LiL'Toad

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2003, 08:44:00 AM »

?

I'am talking about DVD-VIDEO, DVD MOVIES, not XBOX games on DVD. Have you ever seen a Video_TS folder on an xbox disc?

This is threat crapping - please do not post something like this when you have no idea of what you are talking

And yes that include a ''LOL'' - so do not reply something like ''LOL'' or a stupid smiley under this message.

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2003, 08:47:00 AM »

QUOTE (LiL'Toad @ Aug 27 2003, 12:44 PM)
?

I'am talking about DVD-VIDEO, DVD MOVIES, not XBOX games on DVD. Have you ever seen a Video_TS folder on an xbox disc?

This is threat crapping - please do not post something like this when you have no idea of what you are talking

And yes that include a ''LOL'' - so do not reply something like ''LOL'' under this message.

It's not thread-crapping, he simply misunderstood you.

And also, speaking of "not knowing what you're talking about", it may interest you to know that there is a VIDEO_TS folder on every single Xbox original game disc.  It is, in some sense, hidden from view by the Xbox.  I thought you'd like that.

Now, what "hidden VIDEO_TS folder" are you talking about?  How is it hidden?

LiL'Toad

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2003, 09:00:00 AM »

I have over 10 games. I just checked them ALL and NONE of them got a Video_TS folder (maybe you was referring to a ''Video'' folder

Have you ever did a DVD Video backup? Even if the .vob are encrypted, you can see with an explorer all files/folders on the disc, but in somes cases, very uncommon, the Video_TS in the root doesn't show up, the directory is ''hidden''. Specialized PC DVD ripping programs can do the job easily, but it seems that the DVD2Xbox ripping library is not powerfull enought - Yes DVD2xbox decrypts .VOB directly on the xbox HD - this is pretty cool - but in the case of a dvd video disc such as this one that I hold in my hands, Undergrads Season 1 DVD1, the dvd2xbox is simply useless.

There is very few informations about how ''hidden Video_TS'' works, but if you explore it, you'll just see a blank Audio_TS directory and nothing else.

DVD2xbox detects the label name but unable to grab the data, 0MBs of total copying.

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2003, 09:33:00 AM »

QUOTE (LiL'Toad @ Aug 27 2003, 01:00 PM)
I have over 10 games. I just checked them ALL and NONE of them got a Video_TS folder (maybe you was referring to a ''Video'' folder

What happened when you put the game disc in your PC?  tongue.gif

Have you ever did a DVD Video backup? Even if the .vob are encrypted, you can see with an explorer all files/folders on the disc, but in somes cases, very uncommon, the Video_TS in the root doesn't show up, the directory is ''hidden''. Specialized PC DVD ripping programs can do the job easily, but it seems that the DVD2Xbox ripping library is not powerfull enought - Yes DVD2xbox decrypts .VOB directly on the xbox HD - this is pretty cool - but in the case of a dvd video disc such as this one that I hold in my hands, Undergrads Season 1 DVD1, the dvd2xbox is simply useless.

There is very few informations about how ''hidden Video_TS'' works, but if you explore it, you'll just see a blank Audio_TS directory and nothing else.

Yep, backed up plenty of DVD-Video discs (I lost 2 copies Office Space to ex-girlfriends before I had the sense to permanently store it as an image on my HDD), but I haven't come across any hidden VIDEO_TS folders.  They've all been in plain sight.

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2003, 09:35:00 AM »

Yep, backed up plenty of DVD-Video discs (I lost 2 copies Office Space to ex-girlfriends before I had the sense to permanently store it as an image on my HDD), but I haven't come across any hidden VIDEO_TS folders.  They've all been in plain sight.

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2003, 09:40:00 AM »

LiL'Toad

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2003, 09:50:00 AM »

So the xbox hides ''Video_TS''?

user posted image

And yeah... I am in the scene since the beginning, so I did my first backup of Halo directly from EvoX ftp like all of you, from the D:, and packed it up with an xiSO tool. So if the ''Video_TS'' directory, that is on all games according to Xeero, was hidden, how can that backup runs fine since ages if somes files, that I didn't .xbe remap, were missing?

I think i'am loosing my time with a ''XS-Legend''

oswald

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2003, 09:59:00 AM »

And yeah... I am in the scene since the beginning, so I did my first backup of Halo directly from EvoX ftp like all of you, from the D:, and packed it up with an xiSO tool. So if the ''Video_TS'' directory, that is on all games according to Xeero, was hidden, how can that backup runs fine since ages if somes files, that I didn't .xbe remap, were missing?

because that video_ts folder isn't for the game.  put an xbox game into your PC DVD drive (not the way you just showed, ftp'ing to the game in your xbox drive) this time ACTUALLY put it in your PC dvd drive, if you have one, you'll notice a little video comes up that says something to the effect of 'put this disc in your xbox moron', that is the hidden video_ts folder xeero is accurately reffering to.  If you re-read his post he never said the Xbox hid the video TS folder, it just doesn't bother reading it, and that's the only portion of the disc a PC dvd drive can see.  

You may have been here since the beginning, but like all of us, you still have some learning to do.

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2003, 10:01:00 AM »

I figured you weren't so thick-headed that you'd completely fail to grasp the fact that I was referring to the DVD-Video session that is recorded to the interior region of every original Xbox game disc.

Also, I said the VIDEO_TS on the Xbox originals (re-read the first paragraph) is hidden from plain view on the Xbox.  I didn't say that the VIDEO_TS folder in every standard DVD-Video was hidden.

Yeah, speaking of lost time, I'd also like my 10 minutes back.