xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Hdd Driver  (Read 69 times)

kevsthabest

• Archived User
Hdd Driver
« on: July 29, 2003, 02:19:00 AM »

i get the famous invalid size error, but after a while it turns around and closes on me after about 3min of errors, any help on that?

Tetzuoe

• Archived User
Hdd Driver
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2003, 07:13:00 PM »

my freind apparently tried to load the pheonix software onto my xbox. to fix evolutionX's dash board problems (it dosnt load the origonal dash board or somthing useless like that) so anyway he loads the files on, resets my box, and the pheonix video runs. freezes. then stalls out. so for awhile my box booted to the image of a pheonix. now it almost boots to the origonal MS dash but loops. anyway. i decided i needed to acess the drive directly. swapped in the unlocked hard drive (which i have now mastered =P) and opened up HDD driver (after like a million dll downloads) the program tells me  it found a hard disk on physicaldrive2 then "invalid filename size!" and kinda...keeps telling me that... then freezes... this is farther than Fatx got. but still far from fixing my drive.... i figured id post about this cause somone might be able to make sence of this. looks like im not the only one X_x

-Gadget-

• Archived User
Hdd Driver
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2003, 12:53:00 PM »

smile.gif

this thread needs to be pinned up .. or at least sum kinda link to it in the exsisting pinned post ...

http://forums.xbox-s...45&t=74018&st=0

hope it helps ya m8 smile.gif

Mick ..

Tetzuoe

• Archived User
Hdd Driver
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2003, 04:07:00 PM »

ok so the trick is to pretend the error box isnt there. this is really silly. cant wait for a new version lol

-Gadget-

• Archived User
Hdd Driver
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2003, 04:19:00 AM »

smile.gif

also to confirm that the errors are releated to emty partitions... once back in me xbox, i put a file in each of the partitions...
got it back on me pc... and u do not get any errors smile.gif its the emty [partitions that buggeres both/all of the FATX programs that is
FAT-X-Plorer.exe and driver .. also as a footnote the FAT-X-Plorer.exe is actually better once ya get rid of the enmty partitoins.. crashes less smile.gif

Mick ..

Mr.Big

• Archived User
Hdd Driver
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2003, 07:13:00 AM »

can anybody suggest an good alternative to winhex for this, i have the demo that wont save a file over 200kb... wtf...

Mr.Big

-Gadget-

• Archived User
Hdd Driver
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2003, 12:35:00 AM »

i used hex workshop

mick ...

Mr.Big

• Archived User
Hdd Driver
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2003, 08:54:00 AM »

yea thats what i finally ended up using too... unfortunately, one of the partitions i had to .... out was my USER/DATA partition, which i believe is E:... that also seems to be the partition i have to copy the audio exploit files to :S
and FatXplorer crashes no matter what i do on any computer ive tried it on, doesnt matter if i ... the partitions or whatever...

any insight would be appretiated
thanx

Mr.Big

Mr.Big

• Archived User
Hdd Driver
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2003, 10:47:00 AM »

ok, what im gonna do it bert and ernie reloaded with phoenix exploit my xbox, load up evox, ftp over the stuff, then change to audio exploit...

if there is a nice big flaw in my plan, please tell me lol

Mr.Big